The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

Dropped off a couple of bags of clothes and household items to a charity house, then dropped off diaper cakes to the maternity ward for the new babies   :)  giving to others in an unselfish manner..... great feeling.

TehBorken

Quote from: Gopher on Dec 21 12 10:32How do you do it upside down?

We use a chin-up bar and some straps.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 19 12 10:07
FYI....my wife said she'd give me her iPad if I got her an iPad Mini....so we went out tonight and I got her one.

$329 for the 16G wi-fi model.

It's very light weight and sorta cute, lol. It's just like a scaled down iPad, same controls, interface, etc.

I looked at it. Ended up with the newest ipad some retina display or something. Got the Zagg cover with keyboard and screen cover. Im pretty happy with it. Im still looking at the ipad mini though.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Taken the plunge and booked another holiday in Majorca

Natasha

Put away all the Christmas decorations last night and I'm missing it already.

Happy New Year to you all  :-*

Gopher

Thanks Natasha, and a very happy new year to you too - and everyone else.

Lil Me

Happy New Year!  I've missed you all.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Quote from: Natasha on Dec 31 12 12:10
Put away all the Christmas decorations last night and I'm missing it already.

Happy New Year to you all  :-*

I finally assembled the bench/ cuboard unit thingy by the front door and took the xmas tree out at the same time. My daughter helped me take all the decorations down and put them away. When I tossed the tree into the front yard to put into my truck tomorrow morning, she started crying and threw a temper tantrum.

Russ

Quote from: Lil Me on Jan 06 13 09:28
Happy New Year!  I've missed you all.

Happy New Years to you too LM!

Gopher

TehBorken

TehBorken

I took my son to the Air Force recruiter to turn in his initial paperwork packet today. He filled out a bunch of forms and answered a bunch of questions and it all went smoothly.

They waaaaaaaaaaant him, lol.....he's in good health, no police or criminal record, he had high ASVAB scores, no drug abuse, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, and he got decent grades in school. And he graduated, lol. I think the AF recruiter was probably doing a Happy Dance after we left. :)

So now we wait until they verify his ASVAB scores from the high school, then he goes back on the 30th (probably sooner) to get a date for MEPS (his official physical exam).

Once that's done he signs the official enlistment papers and then waits for a date to report for basic training. And then he's off and running.

I'm not sure how Sakha and I will get used to all the peace and quiet, clean dishes and plentiful hot water, but somehow we'll muddle through. Heh.

Gopher

Quote from: TehBorken on Jan 09 13 07:59
Where to, roughly speaking?
Will let you know when it happens

Lil Me

Hi Goph.  Is this a good move?

TB-ooohhh, exciting.  Enjoy the new stage of life without a kid! And best to luck to him.  Exciting adventures.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|