The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Dunno if I missed this.. but stick or auto?  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

lol purelife.  I didn't try the honk yet.  I haven't driven it yet...just arrived yesterday.

It's auto, Russ.  Mrs. Sawdust wants to drive it too.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

LM@work

P.C.

Only 2 more sleeps and it's [span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 127);"]FRIDAY[/span] !  

Russ

LM@work wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Bleh.  Is it only Wednesday?[/div]  HUMP DAY!

Well, I returned some unneeded parts.. and ended up buying more that offset teh cost of the ones that starfishie wanted me to return cause I wasnt sure if I was going to use them. I wonder if this met her criteria.

Well, Im currently getting my recipe together.. and then hitting the store.. to get my famous chili going again.
First I have to get off the couch though.

purelife

I bet your Taco has one powerful honk!!

Could someone give me some ideas on what to bbq?  I want to do wings by marinating them in honey and garlic.  How long do they take to bbq?  

I'm also thinking about skewing chicken breasts.  Do you guys always brush them in the marinade during the bbq session?

These are the veggies I have in mind for the bbq:  mushrooms, zuchinni, red pepper, asparagus and onions.  Any other ideas for the skewer?

Russ

purelife wrote:
I bet your Taco has one powerful honk!!

Could someone give me some ideas on what to bbq?  I want to do wings by marinating them in honey and garlic.  How long do they take to bbq?  

I'm also thinking about skewing chicken breasts.  Do you guys always brush them in the marinade during the bbq session?

These are the veggies I have in mind for the bbq:  mushrooms, zuchinni, red pepper, asparagus and onions.  Any other ideas for the skewer?

I do wings by marinating them with a loose sauce then cooking them on low and flipping them a number of times to keep them from burning. at the end I turn up the bbq to give them a crispy outside.. then I brush some additional marinate for the outside.

You mean make kebabs or whatever they are called with the breasts? I tend to marinate the meat for them overnight, then put them and the veggies on the skewers. I brush some on while cooking them.. I also use an indirect heat foil thingy to cook them.

Your skewers sound like mine.. only I dont use asparagus. i will try it next tiem though, lol

Russ

[img style="cursor: mozzoom-in;" alt="http://img.alibaba.com/photo/219173610/BBQ_aluminium_foil_tray.jpg" src="http://img.alibaba.com/photo/219173610/BBQ_aluminium_foil_tray.jpg" width="902" height="677"]  

P.C.

purelife, I don't know about anyone else, but I would never use the marinade to baste the chicken.  I would discard it as soon as you've finished marinating. If you want to use the same kind of marinade for basting....reserve some separate from the stuff that the raw chicken is going to sit in.        

P.C.

Jeez that took forever to post.  

Russ

[img alt="http://www.shamelesscarnivore.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/Raw%20Kid%20small.jpg" src="http://www.shamelesscarnivore.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/Raw%20Kid%20small.jpg"]

heres one showing doing it with tinfoil.. indirect heat so you dont char the kebabs

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 purelife, I don't know about anyone else, but I would [span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]never[/span] use the marinade to baste the chicken.  I would discard it as soon as you've finished marinating. If you want to use the same kind of marinade for basting....reserve some separate from the stuff that the raw chicken is going to sit in.  [img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/14.gif[/img]    

Yes this.. sorry if I implied that. I ususally have some leftover marinade that wasnt raw chickened.. dont use the marinade to put on the chicken at the end that you had it in.

P.C.

Sorry Russ.  I didn't mean that to sound like I was 'correcting' you.  Your post wasn't there yet when I posted.    

purelife

Thanks for the tips, guys.  For the tinfoil thing, is the shiny foil facing up, right?  

Do I need to use the tinfoil for the wings too?

Oh, I don't put the asparagus on the skewers, Russ.  LOL....I just grill them on its own.  :)

I can't wait to have this bbq!!  We haven't bbq'ed for a long time.

Lil Me

We've done a lot of grilled veggies.

Aspagaragus, eggplant, mushrooms, yams, carrots, zucchini.

Usually coat with oil, vinegar and salt before cooking.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|