The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Can pressure from ear plugs cause nose bleeds?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Not that I've ever heard of SD...but don't know for sure.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I just don't know, I haven't had any nosebleeds at all in Vancouver (which is great as I'm notorious for Niagara Falls like blood flows). The air is too moist even with the window open all the time.
There's construction right outside my window so I've got ear plugs. Me being me, I don't know how deep the plugs are suppose to go and lately my ears have been hurting.

Then this morning I was awoken by the nosebleed as it happened. It wasn't one of those where you wake up in a pool of blood choking like somebody was hacking away overnight.

Gopher

It's certainly not the busiest, but DS is still my favourite forum.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Likewise Gopher.

Well I did the Broadway @ Main to 33rd walk, but I need to go on the other side of the street and take pictures of the murals. I'll have to do the Main to Waterfront sometime in the next couple of days.

I really want to walk to Metrotown via Kingsway. I think it can be done, although I don't know of anyone who has taken up such a trek.

My goal is to have walked the entire city and take it in.

I've done Broadway from Granville  to UBC (in the winter snow no less)
Basically all of Granville from downtown to the bridge in Richmond.
Most of Main
All of downtown
All of Commercial (haven't documented it though)
Dunbar
majority of Strathcona
Kerrisdale
41st and SW Marine all the way around to the Burrard Bridge (Cornwall)
all of 4th Ave west of Cambie
Powell Street
Nanaimo from the skytrain to Broadway
All of Broadway to Commercial

I think its possible to walk in one day from downtown to SFU via Hastings, but I don't know if I'd want to attempt it. lol

purelife

MrPL has walked from Horseshoe Bay to downtown New Westminster.  It can certainly be done but it's a definitely a all day walk.  I could never do it but MrPL walks super fast.  Walking is great exercise.  You should definitely do it, SD.  Definitely doable.  

Here's a start of my rant:

I can't believe that NOBODY offers a seat in a crowded bus/skytrain to an obvious pregnant lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!   MrPL tells me to be more aggressive next time and just ask for the courtesy seat because they have to give it to me....and I need a seat more than ever.  My friend who is 2 weeks ahead of me has the same problem and she has to be aggressive about it.  She tells me that people look but then pretend not to notice.  I notice that too, especially the young kids.  

End of rant!

P.C.

purelife....that just sucks.

How sad that we have become so blind to common courtesy.  I remember the bus days, 81/2 months pregnant with 3 toddlers under 4 in tow....with an umbrella stroller under one arm and 3 bags of groceries in the other.  LOL   Not so much fun.
I'm so sorry that you're having to put up with that.  

How are you feeling, by the way ???

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I'm feeling much better now that this pain is gone.  I've noticed that I can't tolerate being in teh sun for a long periods of time.  As soon as I walk into a cooler building, I feel dizzy and lightheaded.  Not fun.  :(   Now I know what women mean when they say that being pregnant in the heat sucks.  *sigh*

I also notice that so many ladies love looking at my belly and some smile too.  That's really nice. :)

Lil Me

I think you should smile sweetly and ask if you could sit down :)
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I think I got grumpy in the skytrain and forgot to smile.  Thanks for the reminder Lil Me.  I need to smile more.

I'm feeling a bit funny today because I was at a funeral.  My friend's father passed away due to cancer and to see my friend like this just breaks my heart.  :(  She was surprised to see me but I wanted her to know that I care for her.

Lil Me

Aw.  What a day :(

Nice to be there for your friend.  I think that is the best gift you could have given her.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

[DIV class=pagetitle minmax_bound="true"]Requesting a Seat on a Bus or Train

[DIV class=storysection minmax_bound="true"] [H3 class=chunkhead minmax_bound="true"]Q. I'm feeling awful these days. If no one offers me a seat on the bus or train, can I ask a fellow passenger to give up his?[/H3] [P minmax_bound="true"][BR minmax_bound="true"][STRONG minmax_bound="true"]A.[/b] Of course. "There are usually seats designated for the elderly or the disabled on public transportation," Casperson says. "Start with the people sitting there." How much information you want to share, especially if you aren't showing yet, is up to you. You may simply ask, "May I please change places with one of you?" Or go for a little drama. "Say, 'Would you mind if I take your seat right now? I'm newly pregnant and feeling queasy,'" Brody suggests. "Trust me, someone will jump up and give it to you"

[P minmax_bound="true"]Source:

[P minmax_bound="true"][A href="http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-life/emotions/pregnancy-etiquette-guide/?page=5"]http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-life/emotions/pregnancy-etiquette-guide/?page=5[/A]

[P minmax_bound="true"]

[/DIV]

purelife

Thanks Lil Me.  I like the last sentence.  I'm going to use it for sure and add a sweet smile.    

Lil Me

Random observation:

You can fart during the fireworks and noone will notice.

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Random observation:[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] You can fart during the fireworks and noone will notice.

That depends on how BAD they smell - after rasin toast - dear God someone would notice mine during an artillery strike.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

|