The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Maybe Wales, I've not been there for about 15 years (apart for one day a couple of years or so ago) and I've always had very happy memories of it.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

van_guy

Gopher wrote:
Maybe Wales, I've not been there for about 15 years (apart for one day a couple of years or so ago) and I've always had very happy memories of it.  

You know I've never met a Welshman i didn't like. their sense of humor is often a little odd but once you figure it out - hysterical.

I've never been - love to go one day

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

They're making a MacGyver film! Sweetness.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

P.C.

Michel....I've never asked before, but I'm curious to know if you ever go to Maillardville when you are 'home-sick'.  

[A href="https://www.bcstories.gov.bc.ca/Stories/Culture/BienvenueMaillardville.aspx"]https://www.bcstories.gov.bc.ca/Stories/Culture/BienvenueMaillardville.aspx[/A]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Orik

so one machine destroyed. this hp back up is barely working... runs to hot and noisy as hell, it needs bigger better and more silent case fans and rubber mats to dampen the noise levels grrr its slow and barely working. not near as fast as the dell Pentium .. and i used to think HP AMD machines were good computers. now im not so sure. besides i havent figured out how to oc this one yet lol... not gonna do it either not with how damn hot this one runs.i am thinking of pulling the mobo and transplanting it all into the acer case i got . it has better ventalation but need to check some things first .

so well my june 2008 to 5 days ago. dell went up in a puff of smoke and my Gateway 507GR P4 3 ghz fsb 800 mhz with HTT  (i miss this computer)  :( oc to a sweet 3.4 ghz machine lasted me forever but it went kaputnik also before that was a home built gigabyte amd kz 1.2 ghz barton oc to 1.8 lasted me 4 years. stil lgot it but its no longer operational its just a cofee table now. but it was my very first hand at doing a home built 1999  the acer and asus. 2004 -  2007 gateway 2007 to 2008 .  .. and now im on another hp machine,  lol.. 4 pcs inside of 2 years.this is becoming a exspencive hobby. thank fully one can buy good second hand computers dirt cheap these days. its the modded home builts that will set u back a few dollars.

I lost almost 1 terabyte of stored movies and backups.. its going to take me months if not years to rebuild it... :(... i guess the one back up will do... im online but lost so much old stuff. some of it will take forever... the dark crystal lady hawk hard to find movies.  ... I recorded them off the movie channel most of my movies i record.. but it is so time consuming... bah...and music..it took forever to build that collection of Judas Priest... well its back to the drawing board... i hate starting over...

so i lost 1 OptiPlex GX260 PC fried MOBO AND CPU nuked :(  it over clocked nicely though. I had it going at 2.6 ghz, it is free to any one who wants it the case i sold for 30 dollars yesterday but the guy didnt want the internals. . the mobo and cpu i kept.. just not sure what to do wit hthem now that i sold the case and got the mobo and cpu to oot lol go ahead kick me now i deserve it..

just ran some tests the board and cpu post and power on. boots but shuts down immediately maybe its not completely cooked :( kinda wishing i had not sold the case for it so quick lol, live and learn... runs to hot and blue screen of death states a thermal incedent occured causeing the computer to shut down.
so  maybe some new thermal compound and a new or different heat sink. and a better case ? .. but i don't want to spend the money.. as i said its free to any one who wants it. i paid 50 bucks for it originally ... recouped 30 when i sold the case and power supply

1 fubar cooked out and ruined 500 gb western digital pata drive... passes most of its tests but it fails the self diagnostics the hard drive is cooked, i can no longer trust it for data storage..I dod wiped and zeroed. it I will put my back ups of my back ups on it but i can never bring myself to trust it again as a primary boot drive... time to buy a seagate i think ... total movies & music dead 450 gigs gone in a eyeblink  recovered one folder of movies and a little music...

on the verge of colapse 1 200 gig maxtor. 1 80 gb maxtor 1 40 gb seagate

drives i can not cant even access  to dod wipe
1-120 gb samsung 1-80 gb maxtor 1-40 gb maxtor and 1-20 gb maxtor

so if i can not access these drives how does one dispose of them. if i can not wipe them... its possible some one could recover personal data on me or my employermind u i wouldnt mind getting back some of my  poetry email. stored back up information

it is possible that data can be recovered from them. so what now ? what should i do for properly disposing of my employers information all the scanned police and security reports going back 10 years... this information is on one of the cooked drives.

needed to continue with my experments of mad OVer CLocking and home modding 2 liters of thermal compound a supply of free cpus and mobo's and case after case of parts bwaahahahahaha

but in all seriousness i have need of

2 to 4 - 1 GB DDR sticks of ram . 266 333 or 400 mhz variety, I am willing to trade barter and negotiate price.

also wanted are hard drives of the ide variety preferably  80 GB and over, they  must pass diagnostics. they don't need to be DOD wiped but it is appreciated saves me time :D  even though i have nothing, but time, on my hands right now.

[a href="http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00039102&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=364171"]this is currently what i am playing around with. cost me 50 bucks... nothing fancy... but i would like to figure out what i can do with it... besides use it as a boat anchor hahahahaa firsts things first see if i can prning the sytems heat down by putting it in a better ventalated case.  see what i got for cpu fans laying around... and then look for some specs on the board and on some oc forums about over clocking this pig of a machine... [/a]

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

Home-sick wasn't my first choice of wording...but couldn't think of another thought or word to express it.  

Anyways....just wondering.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

*deep belly sinister laugh Count von Count style* ahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Its nice out.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

I concur, Sportsdude, it was a very, nice day out and I am hoping, Tuesday, is just as nice as today's, weather turned out to be. I need to go out and shop at one of the local, computer shops, i have need of a 140 mm case fan, i would also like, to see what they recommend for a replacement on this crap heat sink / cpu fan

The idle temperatures is between 60 and 66 degrees Celsius and i would feel much better if i can bring that down to about 40. if i had her over clocked ,i would be understandable of such high temps. but not when its idle... some more bad news have been checking some of the OC site lists. it would seem that this board and cpu as yet are not over clockable from bios though some people have reported some limitted sucess with some windows softare... but untill i can get her heat down and more stable. it is way to much a risk..  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

van_guy

Gopher wrote:
My foot is aching.  

Did you read the poem i recited for DS?

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am so horny my feet hurt

Gopher

I'd forgotten about this. I'll inform my doctor that his diagnosis of plantar fasciitis was incorrect. I know he'll be grateful.  

van_guy

Gopher wrote:
I'd forgotten about this. I'll inform my doctor that his diagnosis of plantar fasciitis was incorrect. I know he'll be grateful.  

I think you might like the prescription better too ...

Orik

i am flabbergasted at the postings in this thread lolhorny hah

anyways... the cpu fan i went with a cooler master 3000 rpm fan. bios system controlled rpm from 1200 idle to 3500 at top usage of the cpu

temp is running at 50 - 55  degrees Celsius not as goos as a nice 40. but for such a cheap heat sink fan and one thats a bit small ( cost only 3 bucks) i am amazed at how much it dropped the heat. i wonder what a good thermal compound and a non stock heat sink could do...

|