The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Damn, the Mafia in Montreal is everywhere.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Yeah, yeah.  They were all drunk.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Speaking of Quebec Yes votes, the messiahs of economic thought have called for the privatization of Hydro-Quebec.
[a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090203.wrhydro03/BNStory/energy/home"]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090203.wrhydro03/BNStory/energy/home[/a]

The neo-liberalism disease continues. 10 bucks it ends up being an American controlled company and rates will go up and the company will lack there standards like AmerenUE in Missouri and you'll get a disaster like this:

Before:

After:

They were only fined 15million (the biggest fine ever but still) no charges were filed even though Ameren knew this was coming.

"...the Commission can only conclude that the loss of the Taum Sauk plant was due to imprudence on the part of UE (Ameren's AmerenUE Subsidiary). UE was well-aware of the catastrophic results likely to occur if the UR (Upper Reservoir) was overtopped by over-pumping. UE knew, or should have known, that storing water against the parapet wall of a rockfill dam was "unprecedented." UE knew,or should have known, that operating with a freeboard of only one or two feet left no margin for error and required particularly accurate control of the UR water level. Given that circumstance, UE's decision to continue operating Taum Sauk after the discovery of the failure of the gauge piping anchoring system and the consequent unreliability of the piezometers upon which the UR control system was based is frankly beyond imprudent – it is reckless. UE also knew or should have known that the upper Warrick probes had been reset above the lowest point at the top of the UR." (PSC Report page 71, definitions of Acronyms added"

nothing happened.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Stargazing is cool but very bad in BC.

No no no no.  You have to get out of the city.  Far out.  There are pretty spectacular shows once you are away from the lights of the city.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
[em]Stargazing is cool but very bad in BC.[/em]

No no no no.  You have to get out of the city.  Far out.  There are pretty spectacular shows once you are away from the lights of the city.  

Where in BC will you find a clear night though? Mountainous areas always have weird weather.  

P.C.

I have been in dozens and dozens and dozens of places in BC, where the star gazing is phenomenal.

SD....you're joking about not finding a clear sky in BC....right ?  LOL

....and dozens  

Sportsdude

Yeah I don't see much in BC.

I'd forgotten how many stars you see down on the farm and that's with a giant coal dock 10 miles away. lol

Most stars I've seen is probably South Dakota this summer and driving in rural Northwestern Missouri.

P.C.

How many places in BC have you been ?

|