Link colors

Started by TehBorken, Jan 24 07 02:38

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

I'm not happy with the link colors here...anyone wanna suggest some colors for "unread messages", "read messages", and "hover"?  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

I'd suggest the best colour EVAR for a hover if I knew what hover was. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/e006.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

[FONT color=#60bf00]Unread messages[/FONT]......[FONT color=#ff0000]Read messages  [/FONT][FONT color=#000000]?[/FONT]

.....and hover should be the colour of a hummingbird [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/e021.gif" border=0]

purelife

I like the blue for the hover.

I also like [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #800000"]dark wine red[/FONT] for the unread.    

P.C.

Ooooo....that's good purelife.  That would [FONT color=#441415]Read Wine[/FONT].  (actually it doesn't look so good in font)  

Lise

That's a hard one, TB. I know because I always agonized over the link colors when I did my website. Just something that won't glare at you too much would be nice. Lavenderish?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

LOL, Ill go along with whatever is decided... uh can I ask who or waht a 'hover' is?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Hover your mouse over a link to see color change, Russ.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Hover your mouse over a link to see color change, Russ.[/DIV]
 Oh... ok. I feel silly now.

thanks Lise!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

TehBorken

Hmmm, well, I may try some color combos in the next day or so. If they don't look good we'll just go back to the current ones.

Sportsdude

well since this is a site dedicated to the Seattle area go with any colours of the Seahawks uni and or Canuck dark navy blue  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
well since this is a site dedicated to the Seattle area go with any colours of the Seahawks uni and or Canuck dark navy blue  

What's a "Seahawk"???

Sportsdude

These colours:
Seattle Seahawk colours:
[span style="text-decoration: underline;"]
[/span]

the dark blue/teal would work subtle but you'd notice a difference.

TehBorken

Oh, the Seahawks. You mean those overpaid, whiny, steroid-sucking, egotistical, loud-mouthed  babies who get paid way too much money to play a children's game. Those Seahawks?

Lemme think about it....mmmm, no.

I'd have sex with Rosie O'Donell before I'd use Seahawks colors on this site. And I'd do it without the benefit of beer or other mind altering substances.

Sportsdude

ouch it was just a suggestion.