Pizza Toppings

Started by Lise, Jan 23 07 07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite toppings? (Choose up to 5)

Pepperoni
2 (25%)
Salami
1 (12.5%)
Mushroom
8 (100%)
Onions
3 (37.5%)
Capsicum
1 (12.5%)
BBQ chicken
3 (37.5%)
Artichoke
0 (0%)
Olives
3 (37.5%)
Spinach
0 (0%)
Zucchini
0 (0%)
Pineapple
2 (25%)
Roast Garlic
4 (50%)
Bacon
2 (25%)
Ham
1 (12.5%)
Ground Beef
0 (0%)
More Cheese
1 (12.5%)
Feta Cheese
2 (25%)
Parmesan Cheese
1 (12.5%)
Smoked Salmon
1 (12.5%)
Fresh Basil
1 (12.5%)
Jerk Chicken
0 (0%)
Anchovies
1 (12.5%)
Shrimp
0 (0%)
Sausages
2 (25%)
Not on this list
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Lise

You get to choose 5 toppings to go with your pizza. So pick any five of your choice. If it's not listed, what's your favorite toppings? I can't think of any more.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I had a pizza at the Golden Nugget years ago at their California Pizza Kitchen, that was exquisite.  I don't remember all the toppings, but the key ingredient was Peking Duck.  It even had some delicately crispy noodles on it.  I've tried to duplicate it, but have never come close.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Peking duck! Wow. I've never heard of that one before. And noddles? Hm. That sounds totally exotic. I wanna try one too!!

I've tried Japanese style pizza or pancakes. Quite delicious. The last one I tried was at Cho San on Kingsway. Delicious.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

5 toppings is pretty generous. that is more than most pizza places will allow unless you want to pay.  

P.C.

We have a little local pizza place in our area, that makes excellent pizza.  Their crust is consistantly excellent.  You can put whatever you want on it......as much as you want.  Of course you pay for it, but if you have to pay......and you do anyways.....you might as well pay for exactly what tickles your tastebuds.

Lise

Hmm. So what crust do you prefer, thin or thick?

I gave 5 choices because I feel like being generous tonight.  Heck, there should be more pizza toppings!!!

Mushroom seems to be winning. Woah.

Have you tried the pizza in Italy? I had this mega piece, tons of sauce and then this meek little basil in the middle of it. Weird but wonderful.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I like a thick crust.  My 2nd favourite pizza, that I make once every few months, is a garlic chicken, with chili oil, mushrooms and roasted garlic and green peppers.  MMMMMMMM....it's yummy.

Lise

Ooooh. I'm starting to drool and Russ isn't here!

Do you make your own dough? I think I might want to make my own pizza one day. Perhaps just buy the dough from the shop and do your own toppings.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

one thing that i hate that some people seem to like are anchovies. ewww  

kingy

i made pizza from scratch once in home ed class in high school. it was surprisingly easy.

Lise

Anchovies! D'oh! Forgot to include that. (Modify)

I can't stand olives on mine. I had to keep picking them off whenever I share with friends.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I did make my own dough.  But now I have a setting on my bread machine to make pizza dough, so I use that.

Russ

all meats or a house special.

the more the merrier.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

I made a breakfast pizza once.  It was pretty yummy.  First layer......chopped tomato, mushrooms, green peppers, scrambled eggs (precooked, but slightly undercooked) bacon, mozza/cheddar mix, sprinkle with parsley.  Into the oven.  Delish.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 I made a breakfast pizza once.  It was pretty yummy.  First layer......chopped tomato, mushrooms, green peppers, scrambled eggs (precooked, but slightly undercooked) bacon, mozza/cheddar mix, sprinkle with parsley.  Into the oven.  Delish.[/DIV]
 This sounds really good... right now. lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims