Vancouverites love their city - new poll

Started by Sportsdude, Jan 15 07 07:57

Previous topic - Next topic

M50

Sportsdude wrote:
 Yup my years on DV would atest to that about the 'haters' being on there.

Too true, 2 tru, but I never would have thought that about St Louis? interesting posts and Seattle seems to have more in common with Vancouver than let's say Montreal? I like Montreal but Seattle is more to my kinda town...maybe its the two big sister Ports of Western'ers

CK

All I can say is after I was done with university, I lived in the Bay Area of California for just over a year. When I moved back to Vancouver, I was very happy to be back. The Bay Area is beautiful, but just never felt like home. Coming back to Vancouver, it was like a breath of fresh air. It was also like going from 5th gear to 3rd gear. Just a bit less of the fast lane.

It is really whatever you are into. I love Vancouver!

Now, when I move back to BC, it won't be to Vancouver. I want a chunk of land by a nice lake somewhere. I will always proudly call Vancouver (Burnaby actually), my home town.

Russ

CK wrote:
 All I can say is after I was done with university, I lived in the Bay Area of California for just over a year. When I moved back to Vancouver, I was very happy to be back. The Bay Area is beautiful, but just never felt like home. Coming back to Vancouver, it was like a breath of fresh air. It was also like going from 5th gear to 3rd gear. Just a bit less of the fast lane.

It is really whatever you are into. I love Vancouver!

Now, when I move back to BC, it won't be to Vancouver. I want a chunk of land by a nice lake somewhere. I will always proudly call Vancouver (Burnaby actually), my home town.[/DIV]
 Good luck. We have been looking as well for land like that. Lakefront anywhere in BC is around 450k.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

CK

COOL!

I want to start my own consulting biz somewhere after I get a bit more experience and live in the interior somewhere quiet. No plans yet, I got a lot to do here first. My buddies and I have a cabin at Kalamalka in the meantime...but it is sure NOT quiet! Haha!

Russ

Really? 450 is starting.. and thats like 6 hour outta van at some small place.

Kelowna is over a cool million ON the lake. But a buddy who just moved up there (sucker!) bought a place a block away from teh lake in kelowna for three something. His neighbors have already made complaints about him.. and its not even the summer yet.

We also were looking on the island, would love to go over there. Want on the water though.. the cheapest place we found was up in Belcara.. for 310.

purelife

CK wrote:  It was also like going from 5th gear to 3rd gear.

I bet that it was also like going from first to third and fifth base.  ;)

CK

Well...truth is, it is his cabin handed down from family. I put a lot of money into helping re build it. re did the whole foundation, walls, etc. I was happy to help pay my part for use of a cabin there. What are friends for hey!? He is in Burnaby, I am in Calgary, so its a nice middle place to meet each other and other friends too.

I am sure he could get a pretty penny for it now.  

CK

purelife wrote:
CK wrote:  It was also like going from 5th gear to 3rd gear.

[/i][/DIV]I bet that it was also like going from first to third and fifth base.  ;)
  I tried to bless you for that one, but can only do 1 an hour!

Russ

purelife wrote:

I bet that it was also like going from first to third and fifth base.  ;)

I tend to skip all the bases and slide straight home.

Russ

CK wrote:
 Well...truth is, it is his cabin handed down from family. I put a lot of money into helping re build it. re did the whole foundation, walls, etc. I was happy to help pay my part for use of a cabin there. What are friends for hey!? He is in Burnaby, I am in Calgary, so its a nice middle place to meet each other and other friends too.

I am sure he could get a pretty penny for it now.

Sounds good CK! My parents have waterfront on the island halfway up.. and I have relatives with places on the gulf islands, so we launch our boat in macdonald point in richmond and 20 minutes to there.

Thats good you still see your friends...