Started by Good Times, Feb 07 06 02:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a DV refugee?

Yes
No
Huh, what's a "DVer"?
|

Lisa Maree

That's just it.  The forum needs to be updated in and of itself.  Once that is complete, the mods stand a chance against trolls, etc.  I think a lot of mods spare themselves the frustration of trying to take care of business. It's like mud wrestling with a pig.

Lisa Maree

Why is this place so dead though?  What are the busy times?

TehBorken

[em style="font-style: italic;"][/em](Whereas you probably know about the Montreal Guy episode... )

Nope, I missed whatever that was.

Believeme- the trolls on DV are not that bad. Annoying, but not actuallydangerous. I could tell you some stories of the insane nonsense I'veseen on message boards that would curl your hair.

I've seen real-life stalking, people buying other people's court recordsand publishing them, getting them fired or arrested, harassing theiremployers, posting all of their personal info on the net (bank info,SS#, telephone, address, employer, car make and model, license plates,etc etc etc). They'd post pictures of a person's home, their kids,their workplace, etc.  I've seen them post 5500 messages an hour in anattempt to kill a forum, do DDOS attacks, hijack the actual messageentry forms, and tons of other crazed shit. And all over nothing morethan comments on a message board.

The trolls on DV are practically adorable in comparison, lol.  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

Lisa Maree wrote:
Why is this place so dead though?  What are the busy times?

I think most people come here during normal (working) hours.

P.C.

And also, Lisa....this forum is very new.  It's actually realy quite amazing how quickly it's picking up.  It's only been a month - ish.  Patience hun, patience.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c033.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

Well, I'm off to Snoozeland.  'night.

P.C.

G'Night TehBorken.....sweet dreams.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e064.gif" border=0]

BEER

DV is dieing without the regulars. I will be coming to DS soon

Good Times

P.C. wrote:
> No matter how many times, and how many ways it's been expressed, that the MODS on DV are extremely limited in what they can do.

Agreed. However they also have a wide range of options in terms of the attitude they project: Why do you think in halfway houses, drug rehab centres, and sometimes even in prisons residents are addressed by their last names? (ie. "Mr. Jones")

Because when you treat someone with respect (or even with the pretense of it), you force the other person, albeit momentarily, to pause and think before they act out in an irrational manner.  

Whereas on DV what you have is total lack of accountability, and with that comes total lack of respect.

The mods and other inept f*cktards that run that place don't think that they have an obligation to treat members with a modicum of professionalism and respect.

Yes, they're limited in what they can do. As a matter of fact, the only privilege they have is their access to the "delete" button. And do they ever abuse that...

As you can tell I'm not the least bit convinced by your sympathetic words for those asswipes. Because you know why? Because I've been observing the social phenomena on DV for a long, long time...  I've witnessed with my own eyes; it's always the same charade and the same game that they play:

Once they're overwhelmed by the so called trolls they fall into the familiar whining routine:

"We're only volunteers here..." or

"Poor poor mods... they're doing the best they can in face of those terrible, horrible trolls..."

None of those dipshits have the brains to question how they got to where they are, and what they did to cause that situation. It's always someone else's fault. And it never dawns on them that it takes 2 to tango.

> They can 'flag' something and submit it, but they're not responsible for the havoc there.

I've always held that they ARE responsible for causing more than 90% of the dysfunctional behaviour in that cesspool. (I'm not saying 100%, but 90% yes!)

> It makes me sad that they have to continue to take so much flack over this.  

Aww, poor poor mods...

> How different would this be, if in YOUR job, you saw things running amuck, but your boss only gave you a very short rope to correct it.  And yet you were STILL were held responsible for the mess.  Would you feel you were being treated fairly ????

[/DIV][/DIV]This is not a "job".  If they don't like it, they don't need to put up with what their "boss" gave them. They can always quit.

We both know that they've volunteered for this. And no one is paying them a dime for what they do (and yes do they ever make sure that they abuse and milk that fact the best they can in their attempts to justify their arrogance and powertripping...)

Whether you want to admit it or not PC, powertripping is where it's at. It's at the foundation of all the crap that goes on in that place.  If the conditions were so abusive, why would anyone continue doing this for no pay? I'll tell you why: This is the best ego trip they've ever had in their lives.  Plain and simple. Don't tell me otherwise.

Imsayin

I guess you could call it fled...

TehBorken

BEER wrote:

Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all like beer. :)

P.C.

BEER would be a lovely addition to DS.....as would beer.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a063.gif" border=0]

purelife

Welcome BEER.  It's nice to see you around. :)

BEER wrote:

purelife

And dv is dieing when the moderators don't feel like moderating that sh*t anymore.  [/DIV]I am fed up with the high volumes of troll action.  I can't speak for the other mods but that is how I feel.  Aaaarrgh!   This dv meet that I'm planning now feels like it has no meaning.  I almost want to just cancel this god-damn meet. :P

P.C.

Hi purelife.....how's it going ???? (need I ask ?)  

So has anybody actually been on DV this morning ?[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a037.gif" border=0]

|