Started by Good Times, Feb 07 06 02:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a DV refugee?

Yes
No
Huh, what's a "DVer"?
|

purelife

Hi P.C.  I checked out dv this morning, deleted a few threads but that was it.[/DIV]I'm not touching that infested board for a while.When dv was on my mind late last night, that's when I know that I really need to stop thinking about that cr*p!  bleh!

P.C.

Good girl.....think of more carefree things.  [img style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px" src="http://ghettobaby.net/Emoticons/2005OctoberSet/outdoors.gif"]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Yeah, I've got my own problems to work out.  :P

49er

........When dv was on my mind late last night, that's when I know that I really need to stop thinking about that cr*p!  bleh![/DIV] yep!............remember "the empty mayonaise bottle and golf balls"

CK

I never really fled DV as I really just wanted to catch up with my regular DV amigos.[/DIV]But after the crap that has been happening..you could say I am fleeing until DV becomes real again.

purelife

Under the Bridge

Good Times wrote:
The fact is with their dictatorialstyle and inept mods, DV has a major PR problem. They are thecause of 90% of their problems. It's my firm conviction that so long asthey don't straighten out their act, they'll continue experiencing suchoutbursts.
[/p]I thought the problem with DV was stupid chinks who run the place like Chinese Google.
 [/p]

TehBorken

Under the Bridge wrote::
I thought the problem with DV was stupid chinks who run the place like Chinese Google.
Oh look, a racist asswipe with internet access. How refreshing.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

Under the Bridge wrote:

I thought the problem with DV was stupid chinks who run the place like Chinese Google.

It's morons like this that caused me to leave DV in the first place.  I like it here and I can't be bothered going back to read all the garbage.

You run a nice place, TehBorken.       Thank you.  You deserve a bless!

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

*sigh* another attempt!  :P

I hear ya kitten...bless your cotton socks

Good Times

LOL, I believe that was the very first trolling attempt on DS.

It didn't sound like the work of a mighty troll though... so I thought: "[FONT face="Times New Roman" size=5][FONT face="Comic Sans MS"]Look at that - a baby troll, one that must've accidentally wandered away from momma and poppa at DV...[/FONT]"[/FONT]

So be nice to it, people. That's just a baby.  

Good Times

purelife wrote:
And dv is dieing when the moderators don't feel like moderating that sh*t anymore.  [/DIV]I am fed up with the high volumes of troll action.  I can't speak for the other mods but that is how I feel.  Aaaarrgh!  [/DIV] This dv meet that I'm planning now feels like it has no meaning.  I almost want to just cancel this god-damn meet. :POn repeated occassions before I've seen you express your discontent with DV.

The natural question that comes to mind is: If you're that much fed up with DV, and with your moderating responsibilities there, why're you still hanging on to that title?

You can smite me all you want for asking you this but, what's holding you back from writing to whomever is the admin in that place and saying, This is it?

tenkani

Good Times, I didn't respond to your bullshit post about the DV mods before because I didn't want to post angry, but your assertion that all the DV mods are on a power trip, and that their only reason for staying on is so they can essentially push people around is yet another massive generalization. Does your brain really work that way, or do you paint with such a broad brush just to piss people off?

Can't you understand how someone would be completely disgusted with a base, but at the same time, after having spent hundreds of hours there and having a lot of good memories surrounding the place still be torn, because they have a lingering hope that things will turn out Ok? I KNOW you are smarter than your posts. I know you realize that the real world is made up of shades of grey. I wonder why you post flame bait. And I wonder why I usually fall for it    :P
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

On repeated occassions before I've seen you express your discontent with DV.

The natural question that comes to mind is: If you're that much fed up with DV, and with your moderating responsibilities there, why're you still hanging on to that title?

You can smite me all you want for asking you this but, what's holding you back from writing to whomever is the admin in that place and saying, This is it?

You make a valid point.  I'm not going to smite you for that.  

I know that I have showed my distaste for that forum on numerous occasions and I can understand your point of view of why I would possibly not wave the white flag but a part of me doesn't want to let it go.  I still visit that forum on occasion.  I suppose that I find it difficult to let it go.  

I have written to Admins expressing my concerns and I'd like to have faith that someday, the forum will be better.  In the meantime, I'll just have to wait for registration.

purelife

And yes, what tenkani said, I agree.  :)

|