DV withdrawal

Started by tenkani, Dec 14 06 03:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

CK wrote:
Do I miss DV? No.

Do I miss DV during the time I got to know all the DV babes, naked hot tubs, cucumber dances,

grape tossing, and fighting with tenk over Apple? Yes.

DS can give Jesus a boner too!

ROTFL.

[img height=303 src="http://i11.tinypic.com/3yz25gz.jpg" width=453]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

M50

My name is M50 and I was a DV addict...

damn I forgot what was step two?

Oh ya uh rehab is for quitters...

P.C.

lol M50.

CK wrote

Do I miss DV during the time I got to know all the DV babes, naked hot tubs, cucumber dances,

grape tossing, and fighting with tenk over Apple? Yes.

I would have to say, my hot tub is rarely naked, it almost always has a cover.  However, I do believe it could be convinced to go topless.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a143.gif" border=0][/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

M50

It seems so civil here on DS...on DV there uh seems to be so much more overt intollerence...any theories on why it is so much more uh primitive on DV?

kitten

The difference is that there is no registry there so anyone can say anything they want, and generally get away with it.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

tenkani

It is a culture that has evolved on DV.
A culture that I enjoy in many ways, but in others sickens me, because at its heart DV is about the unfiltered brine that flows from the quivering minds of thousands. The things we dare not say in polite company. The things that build up within us, searching for explosvie release.

The culture evolved because it was allowed to flourish. It could be eliminated, or even softened a bit, but that would involve the efforts of many. In other words, don't hold your breath.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

True enough, tenkani. Still there's so much abuse there that it just doesn't feel right any more.

I prefer to holler into my pillow when I need to get things outta my chest.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

M50

Truly it is a cesspool of crap at times but I always enjoyed your posts T and I guess the lack of registering seems to open the door to what seems to be an organized group of xenophobes. (Which I guess might be a condradiction of terms)    

tenkani

Lol. I like that    :)

Well, people pin their hopes on registration (which will never happen BTW), thinking that it would keep the trolls in check. The problem is, if registration was mandatory it would cripple the traffic flow. And if it's optional then it will have little or no deterrent effect. It would stomp out handle jacking, though, which would be nice.

Upgrading the software suite to something coded within the last decade would help to deal with hackers and whatnot.

But, of course, the worst part of DV, at least in my opinion, is the hate-mongers. Those who prey on the weakness and fear of others. Unfortunately, there is only one way to put them in check. Active and consistent moderation.

female

Where there is love there is pain  

weird al

female wrote:
Where there is love there is pain  

Also, where there is genius there is pain (so I've heard).

National Lampoon makes this plain in their John Lennon parody:

[A href="http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2005/12/genius_is_pain_.html"]http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2005/12/genius_is_pain_.html[/A]

note: this parody  ^ of Lennon is not an exceedingly kind one.

'You can hear the interview in realaudio  (link doesn't work), or if you can't wait, you can just download [A href="http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/0512/Magical_Misery_Tour.mp3"][FONT color=#cccccc]this MP3[/FONT][/A] of the National Lampoon's parody based on the interview, in which Lennon bitched about Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger and declared that "Genius Is Pain." '

tenkani

[span style="font-family: Arial Narrow; color: rgb(191, 0, 95);"]Female[/span]        

P.C.

weird al wrote:   Also, where there is genius there is pain

Jeez...no wonder my feet always hurt when I get off work.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

female

tenkani wrote:
 [span style="font-family: Arial Narrow; color: rgb(191, 0, 95);"]Female[/span]        

i love you too Korean Batman :))
so very much..

sal mineo

what did tenkani do to get banished from teh island?  

|