Impossible Questions

Started by P.C., Dec 09 06 06:07

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

Umm its a new question..

This fish Uses vibration to navigate . What kind of fish is it. bonus  points if you can tell me when this fish was discovered.

If no one wants to take any more guesses, I will give the answer Monday evening.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

In 2008, a team of researchers exploring the Japan trench with a remotely operated vehicle (http://www.extremescience.com/zoom/index.php/exploring-the-deep/109-remote-operated-vehicle) filmed footage of the deepest-known species of fish. The fish, known as snailfish, had never been seen alive before. Scientists had only five pickled specimens that had been dredged up from the deep and preserved for study. The biologists who discovered these live fish had expected to find fish living at these extreme depths (25,272 ft) to be very slow and sluggish to conserve energy in this extremely low-energy environment. But the video clearly shows a large group of them very actively moving and feeding. 

Because the fish live in complete darkness, they use vibration receptors on their snouts to navigate the ocean depths and to locate food. Their eyes appear to be virtually nonexistent. Eyes in most organisms are designed for gathering light in the creature's visual field and transmitting it to the brain

Googled it sorry
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Orik

Way to go DDD :)

There is nothing wrong with using Google, Bing or any other internet search engine, besides the type of search engine thats used is a personnel preference. When it is to help you find a answer to a question & It helps you learn something new, I think that is a good thing. Anyways this is not a school exam or a test, where they kind of frown on  students looking up the answer's. Here we encourage it.

I had, had hopes it would be harder to find than to get it right off Google.

Did it take you long to find the answer ? &  how long did it take you to find it?

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

DDD

real quick but i did sort out some other fish but i think i had heard about this a long time ago.........plus i like fish....LOL...

will have to think about a tough ques so give mr time but i will post sooner or later
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

nhl367

Hey guys, long time to type. I used to love this topic, anyone wanna bring this back to life?

TehBorken

Quote from: nhl367 on Oct 23 13 06:06
Hey guys, long time to type. I used to love this topic, anyone wanna bring this back to life?

Sure!

This item is a household appliance. 25 years ago, 70% of households had one of these, today about 2% do. What is it?

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Gopher

TehBorken

Nope, getting colder.

It's something used mostly in the kitchen, although it could also be used elsewhere.

Quote from: Gopher on Oct 26 13 01:03
A cell phone.

Gopher

TehBorken

Quote from: Gopher on Oct 28 13 11:13
Ope!

Nooooooooooo....it's a popcorn popper.

Gopher

Well, I do declare!

TehBorken

Okay....how about this:

According to scent experts, coffee is the most familiar scent in the world. What is the second most familiar scent in the world?

Gopher

|