Impossible Questions

Started by P.C., Dec 09 06 06:07

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I've got brown hair.  Hasn't done much for me.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
 I've got brown hair.  Hasn't done much for me.[/DIV]
 Ha! See? Proof!

Hmm, wonder if miss PC is scouring the web trying to come up wiht a brain twister for us
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

or she wishes that she secretly had brown hair.  

P.C.

The study says that people will SEE you as more responsible.  It doesn't MAKE you more responsible.

P.C. has no secret wishes to have brown hair, she's quite happy just the way she is.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I dunno what my hair colour is actually it changes all the time.  When I was little I was a complete blonde headed little guy then around 3 it went completely brown but when my hair is wet it turns black.

Russ

Well, I was born a bleach  blond as well SD. My hair although called dirty blond, I appear brownish. When I am outside alot during the summer or when Im in Africa, my hair REALLY lightens up. Im sure you are the same.

My dad actually was the same as me. When he was young, straw blond. When he was about my age now, he went brownish, and it got lighter the more he was outside. thirties and he was a real dark brown almost black, hes now grey lol. I like to bother him about it.

It seems to be an eastern european thing.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Yeah must be because I've got a baby portrait of me taken when I was 2 or 3 and I'm completely blonde then there's a picture of me holding my sister in '90 after she was born and I was completely brown.  I do lighten up during the summers although now I don't notice it as much as I used to.  Hair would become bronzy-ish almost.

purelife

Speaking of hair, have you ever seen tasted what looks like hair?  My mom makes these herbal soups with all kinds of weird things in it and chinese stuff and one of them includes these dark looking thin strands of what looks to be hair and almost tastes like it as well.  Just thinking about it makes my stomach feel knotted.  I have no idea what these are called.

Sportsdude

HuH? hair in food? eeeeck!

Gopher

Beard's Nest Soup?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

I know what you mean, purelife. I don't particularly like that but it's ok once in awhile.

Waay to go, Russ!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

purelife wrote:
Speaking of hair, have you ever seen tasted what looks like hair?  My mom makes these herbal soups with all kinds of weird things in it and chinese stuff and one of them includes these dark looking thin strands of what looks to be hair and almost tastes like it as well.  Just thinking about it makes my stomach feel knotted.  I have no idea what these are called.[/DIV]
 its a dried vegetable, used a lot in vegan dishes.  I once thought it was sea weed but found out its grown wild in the deserts in northern China.  Its no longer cheap or readily available as the Chinese government has been controlling the harvesting of this in recent years.  

purelife

Oh wow, how did you know that, 49er?  It was seaweed?  Phew, I thought that it was hair.  Well, at least, that was MY nickname for that long black silky edible thingee.

49er

its not sea weed

I was in Beijing a few years ago and the visibility from dust and sand was so bad that one could not see no farther than a block.  I was told that the over harvesting left the desert surface unprotected and during high winds in the desert the sands and dust get blown into the atmosphere and into the urban areas.  I found this out when I asked what the vegetation was.

Sportsdude

China: An ecological disaster.  I watched this PBS special on workers there who put together our clothes and I cried the entire time watching it, (and so did the women in the documentary).  China is a mess.

|