Best Deals

Started by Lise, Nov 25 06 04:21

Previous topic - Next topic
|

forumla1

Schadenfreude wrote:
I went to Dollarama last Sunday. Very disappointing. About 1/3 the size of the Winnipeg store plus many of the shelves were empty.  
wow, i would enjoy being in winterpeg then!  1/3 the size!  the one there must be the gigantic!  is it kinda like daiso out in richmond?

purelife

Lise wrote:
Hey purelife, I went out and bought the movie too. Can't wait to watch it.

Here's my Best Deal tip for the week. Found at Save-On Foods, Metrotown are two bottles of Thai and Plum Sauce by VH. 455ml (big bottle) for 79 cents. Usual price is around $3.00

The graphics and the whole "comicy" look was awesome.  I enjoyed the slo-mo action and you've got to look at the ABS of the Spartans!!!!!!!!  Supposedly, they trained everyday for several hours to maintain that 6pack.

Thx for the plum sauce deal at SOF.  I'll pick some up for sure.  

Lise

That's the thing with this Dollarama, I'm not sure why the shelves are always nearly empty. They must move through a lot of stock or something. But it's still impressive. Far bigger than most dollar stores I've been in. Great stuff if you have kids and need party items though.

I love 300, purelife. It's the type of comic/graphic art movie that attracts me. Frank Miller's work is dark and gory - just my type!

I got the plum sauce by VH but I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for. Maybe fried chicken pieces dipped into the sauce or something like that. Still at 79 cents, it's so cheap! BTW, it's not advertise outside so you can be sure this is a good deal.

Located at the Asian aisle.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I also like plum sauce for pork.  :)

So, you've watched 300 already?

We'll be watching Bourne this Friday.  I hope that it's not packed like Transformers and Spidey 3.

P.C.

That is a good deal on the VH Lise.  I like the plum sauce on spring rolls.  Mmm...now I have a hankering for spring rolls.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Customer Appreciation Days

Safeway - 10% off your grocery bill on the first Tuesday of every month

Alive (Health Food Store) - 15% off regular priced items on the first Tuesday of every month

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]I had no idea these two places offered that deal until I shopped there today.  I was HAPPY to have saved some $$!  I'm going to take advantage of this from now on, now that I know about these deals.  I thought that I'd share. :)))

P.C.

Good deal !

You also get 3.5 cents a litre off gas at Safeway if you spend $35 too.  (I don't know if this is everywhere though) So on top of the 3.5 cents you get for having a Safeway card, you're saving 7 cents a litre.  Bonus!
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

bummer safeway is kinda far away.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

6 ears of corn for 1.92 at Superstore

Lise

Sportsdude wrote:

It's on everywhere. Even at Save-On Foods and IGA. I bought 6 each from the two stores. Save-On Foods was much better. Don't get the IGA ones - not sweet at all! Yuck!

Blueberries are also on specials at Save-On Foods.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

yeah can't go wrong with corn on the cobb.
I get some from the farm, they grew a lot of sweet corn this year.

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]There's a Superstore in the States?  I thought it was Canadian?!

I agree with ya Lise.  Superstore corn sucks.  Kins Market isn't too bad for corn.

Sportsdude

no i was just looking through their ad on the net.

purelife

[a href="http://www.pne.ca/" class="dealsLink" target="_blank"]GVR: Free Admission to the PNE on August 18[/a]         [br clear="all"]      On opening day, August 18, between 9 am and noon, The Fair at the Pacific National Exhibition in Vancouver will offer free gate admission. There's also going to be free entertainment and a pancake breakfast. Don't forget that on Tuesdays after 5pm between June 26 and August 14 you can get 2 for 1 admission to the PNE playland with [a target="_blank" href="http://www.pne.ca/graphics/coupon/2for1coupon_beat.pdf"]this printable coupon[/a].  [/p]  

Lise

Good to know! Thanks, purelife. I bet it'll be super crowded around that time.
Bill Cosby.

|

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Type the word delicious twice:
Is the equator round or square?:
Spammers like to suck monkey dicks, true or false?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview