Best Deals

Started by Lise, Nov 25 06 04:21

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

yup I'll be on a tight budget to say the least.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Just curious, are you allowed to work here with your Student Visa?

Sportsdude

I won't be on a student visa that's for people staying for less then 6 months. I get a permit.
Yes I am able to work. 20hrs a week max.

Lise

Hey guys,

Just got this in the email this morning. Killarney Community Centre is going to give a FREE movie screening of Night at the Museum on July 21, 2007. Movie is going to be at Killarney North View and will start at 8.30pm.

Great outing for the kids. Bring blankets. Small concession will be available.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Uh.. I hate to break this to you Lise.. but 'night at the museum' is out on video now.

Why go out to watch it at a crowded community centre when you can have them watch it at home?

Or am I missing the whole point of this exercise completely?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

8pm - 10pm is going to be pretty late for kids to be up, imo.  But, it's a kid's event where other kids are going to be there... just be careful of the cranky kids because it's probably way past their bedtime.

EDIT:  Let me rephrase.  In the summer, I agree... kid's can stay up til like 9 or so.  But on a school night, it's 7.

Lil Me

Wouldn't it be nice to lie on a blanket and watch a movie outdoors?  (it is outdoors, right?  I drove past the sign the other day and assumed it was an outdoor thing)  Sure, it's a bit late for the kids BUT IT'S SUMMER!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

yikes you guys are strict parents. lol
Summer for me bedtime was 10-10:30. And I spent the rest listening to the radio until about midnight trying to fall asleep.

Lil Me

I think it depends on what the plans are for the next day.  For instance, Heckyl and Jeckyl are staying up late this week because we don't have too much going on.  Next week, they're in day camps at SFU so we have that early start :)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Yeah, yeah, I know Russ my boy but it's all for the community. Not everyone can afford to rent videos. Besides, it's a family event thingee. Not many kids get to experience watching a big screen out in the open.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Ikea has a salmon dinner combo for $8.49.  The picture on the flyer that arrived in my mailbox looks lovely...Herbed salmon with dill sauce, potatoes, vegetables, soup or salad and a soft drink.  

Lise

Do they still have that $1.00 deal on breakfast? That's a good deal. Hmmm. I remember actually craving for their breakfast when I was first pregnant. Drove my hubby crazy with my constant nagging about going there.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I've tried the Ikea salmon dinner the other dinner.  It's "okay."  I found it too overcooked for my liking.  But, it was cheap for what you get.

The best is their dessert.  They have this almond daim slice of cake and OMG, yummy!  It's not too sweet.  You can buy it for 7 bucks down at their market store.

Lise

Right now, Superstore is offering FREE cranberry juice for grocery over $25.00

Link: [A href="http://www.superstore.ca/west/4589.aspx"]http://www.superstore.ca/west/4589.aspx[/A]
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Drats!  How did you find that link from the site, Lise?  I went on it this afternoon because I was going to go to Superstore this evening.  And, I just got home from Superstore, but didn't have the coupon. :((

EDIT:  Ah, found it.  It was on Superstore's homepage... Gosh, how did I miss that!?!

|

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

What's the day before Tuesday?:
Is the equator round or square?:
Is Washington state larger or smaller than a basketball?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview