Best Deals

Started by Lise, Nov 25 06 04:21

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

4L ice cream is $3.99 at Safeway.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

The Source (aka Radio Shack) across from HMV on Robson Street, downtown is having an extra 70% off EVERYTHING in store.  I don't know how long they are going to be open because that location is closing down.  

Moolah!

purelife wrote:
 Lemme know if you see those sesame crunch for 2 bucks again.  I'll be sure to grab more than one next time.  I learned my lesson.  [/DIV]
 [FONT color=#0080ff]Not the same peanut crunches but currently they're liquidating their Chinese new year foods. So you have some interesting deals going. [/FONT]

[FONT color=#0080ff][/FONT]

[FONT color=#0080ff]One of them is a "peanut candy" - similar to the crunch, but it's made with ground peanuts and contains more sugar. Price is much cheaper: 2 packages for $1.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0080ff]You can also get dried persimmons: 0.89c for a bag of 4,
[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0080ff]and lotus root candy: 3 for $1. [/FONT]

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Lise

Agreed. I just bought a packet of those peanut crunch. Very interesting although a tad too sweet for my taste bud.

Special deals at T&T usually on the weekends. I just bought a huge bottle of Ribena juice for under $2.00.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

KFC is on sale just before closing time at the mall.  7 pieces for $5!  I got 10 pieces. Too much chicken, but we'll continue to eat it during the week.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Moolah!

Lise wrote:
 Agreed. I just bought a packet of those peanut crunch. Very interesting although a tad too sweet for my taste bud.

Special deals at T&T usually on the weekends. I just bought a huge bottle of Ribena juice for under $2.00.

[FONT color=#6000bf]Are you referring to the DrWitts juices? $1.99 for 1 lt.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#6000bf][/FONT]

[FONT color=#6000bf]I've seen them priced anywhere between $3.49 - $5.99 elsewhere.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#6000bf][/FONT]

[FONT color=#6000bf]They're health food store stuff. And they're very good.  :)[/FONT] [FONT color=#6000bf][img alt="Carrot and Orange Juice" hspace=0 src="http://www.maromex.com/76827736.jpg" align=center border=0 name=mainimage valign="top" bordercolor="#000000"]
[/FONT]

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Lise

Good deals at Metrotown Superstore. In Store chicken club pack and you get $2.00. I just bought two whole chicken for $11.00.

Cheesecake No Name under $5.00 with in-store coupon and get $1.00 off.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I took advantage of those two coupons as well, yesterday.  :)  I have to pick up more cheesecake soon.  An excellent deal. :)

Lise

You did? Excellent. Those are some of the best deals I've seen from Superstore in a long time. We bought the plain cheesecake and I"m going to serve them tonight with mango sauce and pistachio nuts on top.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Catelli Bistro (whole wheat, omega, spinach, etc.) pasta is 0.99 at the StupidStore.  Limit 2 :(  

purelife

Lil Me

The Joe brand clothing at the StupidStore looks good.  Lots of bright colours.  $6 tanks and $3 flip flops.  

P.C.

Any Nabob ?   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Sorry- I forgot to check.  Distracted by the cheap fancy pasta.  

purelife

Superstore did have an Extra Fine Grind coffee but the brand wasn't Nabob.  It was its own no-name label.  I still have to check Save On Foods, IGA and Safeway for you.  I haven't been shopping there lately and keep forgetting.  :(  Sorry.  Lemme picture a big tin of coffee beans in front of these locations so that I'll remember. ;)  

|

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Is Washington state larger or smaller than a basketball?:
Type the word delicious twice:
Seattle is in a state named what?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview