Best Deals

Started by Lise, Nov 25 06 04:21

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Yup, organic ones taste really really good.  Less sugar.

This is the list of ingredients:

Organic Raw Cane Sugar, Organic Almonds (25%), Organic Whole Milk Power (20%), Organic Coca Liquor, Organic Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin, Organic Vanilla.

PURE YUMMY!

Moolah!

Personally I don't find organic chocolates any better or different than the "regular" high(er) quality (ie. 70%) chocolates. Only, they're more expensive.
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

purelife

They are a bit, but I only get them when they're on sale.  I like the fair trade cocoa.  Those are yummy but so darn expensive.  

Moolah!

I do the same also. I never buy them at their outrageous regular prices.

Once in a while Shopper's puts Cote D'ors on sale for 2 for $5.00. That's when I usually grab a couple.

One word on Cote D'ors: Don't go for the variety that only says "Dark chocolate" on it. It's crap. (I'm suspecting the one that says "Milk chocolate" will also be similar.) It is so sweet that the ony way I could finish one was by melting it in milk and making hot chocolate with it.

70% is where it's at.

purelife

Let me know when you see it on sale at Shopper's, Mool!  I don't often head over to Shoppers.  I don't think that I've tried that brand before.  

I saw this recipe for hot chocolate on tv.  I think she had full fat milk, with honey, with 2 cinnamon sticks and brown sugar.  Then, she put a chunk of pure chocolate in it and then took out the cinnamon sticks.  I've got to try this recipe if my memory serves me well.

Moolah!

There're various ways of making hot chocolate. I remember coming across with a Castillian variety which had a bit of corn starch in it for thickness.

Yours would be fairly high in calories and fat. Even if one is not on a diet, I believe in reducing simple sugars and fat as reasonably as possible. So for example in your recipe I'd reduce or completely eliminate the honey (chocolate will already have enough sugar in it) and switch to at least 2% milk.

However I also realize personal tastes vary.

Lil Me

Women's Avia running shoes (trainers) are on sale at Costco.  $30.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Oh for sure, Mool.  I'll cut back on honey and brown sugar and the milk.  Chocolate is already sweet.

My co-worker brought that brand of shoes, Lil Me.  She liked them.  

Lil Me

Darn, I missed the closing-out sale at Sport Chek, but I went to the other Metrotown Sport Chek yesterday and scored some kids' skis for $159 incl. bindings and installation.  Just found out that Spork Chek will buy back used kids' skis for 1/2 the price you paid for them!  Keep the receipt.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

All the CNY food is on sale at T&T today.  Those big bowls (10,000lbs each) of sweet sticky pudding (the kind you slice and fry) are something like 2 for $6.  Not my cup of tea.  

purelife

I thought that the Sport Chek sale ends this month?  I'm going to wait to see if the 10% further reduction increases because I have a pair of running shoes that I've been eyeing.  :)

Lil Me

Sorry, yes- the Station Square store is still open, but I missed getting the kids' equipment on sale there.  

Lise

Haven't checked out Sports Mart. Hmm. No time. Will have to do it before it closes for good.

Royale Tissue boxes (96 tissues) are on sale at Shoppers for 77 cents.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Moolah!

Speaking of T&T, they had this for the past few days now. I don't know how long more it'll last:

3 lb. bag of apples: 0.99c.

I juice a lot of apples. They're a mainstay in my cocktails so I can go through one of these bags in less than 3-4 days.

If you're eating, you can probably finish the whole bag within 2,5 weeks.

purelife

3lb bag apples for a buck!?!?!  That's cheap.  I'll check it out tonight since it's grocery night.  :)

Lemme know if you see those sesame crunch for 2 bucks again.  I'll be sure to grab more than one next time.  I learned my lesson.  

|

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Is Washington state larger or smaller than a basketball?:
Complete the sentence: "Between a rock and a...":
If your father was named "Bob" and you're named "Jim", what's your dad's name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview