Black Friday Madness!

Started by Sportsdude, Nov 24 06 02:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Well I'm back from work now its 4am (2am PT) and there are people camping out at the corner game store and there's a line of atleast 10 people at CompUSA. This is Insane. I'm off to Target.  If I don't get the system I'll atleast get some games with it.

I'll report back through out the day. lol its going to be an adventure  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Omg, what a waste of time.
I get to the place that is the only place selling these things today and what do they say? Sorry we don't have them. lol.

Went to Best Buy for the hell of it. There's 5,000 people in there. Cops are outside hundreds of people camping out.  Thought about buying the Zelda game even though I don't have the system yet. But It would have taken me hours just get checked out and I know the game will always be there so really what was the point.

Crazy utter craziness. Going shopping on this day is pointless.

Atleast I discovered a cool coffee shop/restuarant in Kaldi's. Had a salmon crepe with a small coffee awesome place.  Watched the sun come up and then went home. lol

P.C.

So I guess you could say it's more like Greyish Friday.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

what do you mean?
Its just crazy out there no point in shopping at all!
Unless you like to wait for hours to check something out and like the feeling of clauster phobia.  Then this is a day for you seriously never again.

Canadian

Its probably best just to stay home, sleep in, then make a hearty breakfast, then watch a good movie.

Sportsdude

yeah I'm getting sleepy.
And those leftovers sound really good in a couple hours.
Still haven't touched the homemade pumpkin pie.
Still have half a turkey left
a lot of stuffing left
plus if I don't feel like turkey I can always make some mexican food or go to the mexian buffet by my house for 6 bucks.

Today is not a good day to go shopping unless you're somekind of addict seriously. its nuts. Would have taken me hours just to check out something at Best Buy. lol

Lise

What the heck is Black Friday? And what does it mean?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

The day after thanksgiving, when they start buying their Christmas things  (I think).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Hm. I see. It's crazy on the news. Looks like post-Christmas rush.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Maybe they have their sales BEFORE Christmas in the US?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

yeah its nuts. Mad hysterial super long lines.  I was at best buy at 5am and if I had bought anything it would have taken hours just to check out of the place. The place was so packed you couldn't move.  It was like going to a party thats in a room the can hold 100 people but 300 people show up instead.    

kingy

christmas sales starts the day after thanksgiving in the states, where as in canada, it doesnt start until boxing day.

Sportsdude

Yeah we don't get the whole boxing day thing.  

Lise

I avoid the malls during Boxing Day. It's crazy. I hate crowds. Ppl are so pushy and mean and for what? Save a few bucks on items that's probably been sitting in the back shelf since last year?

My sister who worked in the mall once told me that they take all the good stuff away and put up last year's item so they can clear inventory. That's the secret of 'sales'.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

yeah here people go nuts for the 100 dollar 32 inch LCD HD TV that Best Buy puts out every year. I don't know why people go nuts its from a company I've never heard of.
Could have gotten a Bose stereo system for 400 bucks but I didn't think it was worth it. I really only want 1 thing and the stores are hoarding those at the moment. So the best part of the morning was watching the sun come up at Kaldis drinking coffee and eating a salmon crepe. mmmmm.  Watching the craziness around you is fun.