Happy Thanksgiving USA!

Started by Canadian, Nov 23 06 11:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!

sweet

Lise

Oh yes! Forgot about that.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, AMERICANA!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

[img height=500 alt=Thanksgiving src="http://susanwhite.typepad.com/photos/layouts/thanksgiving.jpg" width=500].
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Ah shucks! I think the 4 of us on here are pretty happy today.
teh borks obviously happy
I'm with family
FC I bet is busy
tenk I hope is doing great

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Ummmm....I'm happy.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c025.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Happy Turkey day to all of you! Enjoy your family and friends.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Future Canadian

Ugh. I'm sooo stuffed. I love turkey. And smashed potatoes. And gravy....mmmmm....gravy.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

I stuffed my self with sweet potatoes. Can't get enough of those I love sweet potatoes.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Russ wrote:
 Happy Turkey day to all of you! Enjoy your family and friends.

[FONT color=#0000bf]I decided to stick to the traditional meal![/FONT]  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

49er

we had steamed crabs in additional to the traditional turkey, sweet potatoes, etc

Just heard on the AM news that today, black Friday, is the busiest day of the year for plumbers......hmmm wonder why?

Canadian

lol! that is interesting!

I remember a study back in university for urban development. It showed how busy the sewers, water lines, etc, got during the beginning of halftime at the Super Bowl.

49er

Canadian wrote:
lol! that is interesting!

I remember a study back in university for urban development. It showed how busy the sewers, water lines, etc, got during the beginning of halftime at the Super Bowl.[/DIV]
 yes.......but people rush to the toilets at beginning of half time only to take leaks then rush back to watch the half time shows

Canadian

I want to experience an American Thanksgiving. I am sure it is simular to Canada's, but I like the idea of 2 days off of work, one to watch football, one to sleep (sleep, not shop), and then a weekend!

American Black Friday is like Canada's Boxing Day. Everyone gets up at 3 in the morning to wait outside a Futureshop or something. I would rather stay home and play with toys, it is basically just an extended day of Christmas, but with shopping.

49er

.....the idea of 2 days off of work, one to watch football, one to sleep (sleep, not shop), and then a weekend!

obviously brought to the American public by retailers.....Thankgiving each year is on a Thursday (and not a fixed date) and the following Friday is publicized as sales day