Seinfied's Kramer lost his cool

Started by Lise, Nov 20 06 02:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

I think you're right kitten, free speech is a little different up here. Its 'liberal' free speech up here, its a harder to sue.

Most radio stations do screen their calls, but sometimes its live and not prescreened.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Some of their talk shows are so bad that if they screened them they would have nothing but dead air space!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

kitten wrote:
I think Canada is a little more liberal in that regard.  There are limits, but there isn't such rigorous enforcement unless it is in print and clearly libellous.

Yeah its a little goofy. Howard Stern was what on the air for a week up in Montreal and Toronto? Yet I watch the CBC and people they interview say 'f*ck' all the time and its not bleeped. Here heads would be rolling if that happend here and right wing conservative groups would be saying 'what about the childern omg there lives are completely ruined' (case in point boobgate or wardrobe malfunction-gate.)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

I think with your system, its alot more regulated due to the publics opinion. And alot of your population is 'bible belt'.

I have been known to be wrong however, lol.

Sportsdude

yup people would be put in prison for life here if they showed what citytv shows on friday nights.  

P.C.

Russ wrote:  Crap I knew I came across wrong.

I put too many comments jumbled together.

Just in case you missed this Russ, I thought I would bring it forward a page....lol

P.C. wrote:  Russ, you didn't come across wrong at all.  I wasn't 'calling you' on your comment, I was just making a 'general' comment. [/DIV]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Ah, thanks PC. I thought I had come across wrong. Have had that problem before with the internet and forums. Hard to express sometimes with a few lines.

P.C.

I couldn't agree more.  I've even re-read some of my own posts, and thought.....what the heck were you trying to say?   LOL  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c033.gif" border=0]

Queer Eye

Remember when Frank Costanza insisted on calling it "the manssiere" as opposed to Kramer's "bro?"  Remember how Frank said "the bro" was too ethnic?

Trollio

He should have left it at the '50 years ago...' comment, or used any number of racial lines that would have been both edgy and humourous in the context of black guys heckling him based on his race. But he became genuinely angry and went for the jugular in a way that was devoid of any humour, even in a tasteless sense.

The fact of the matter is that Michael Richards is really not a good stand-up artist, so he had no clue how to handle himself in that situation. Almost any good comedian could have handled that better and ended up on top. But this is a guy who manages himself, and is known for being very difficult to work with. He turned down Monk, for god's sake, because of an argument.

And I hated Kramer.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Lise

You're right, Trollio. He should have more sense and tact to handle that situation properly. No excuse.

But to hate Kramer? NOOoooooooo! I thought his character on Seinfield was funny but to each his own.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Future Canadian

Trollio wrote:The fact of the matter is that Michael Richards is really not a good stand-up artist, so he had no clue how to handle himself in that situation. Almost any good comedian could have handled that better and ended up on top. But this is a guy who manages himself, and is known for being very difficult to work with. He turned down Monk, for god's sake, because of an argument.

I think you can tell a comic's skill or even comedy genius by how they handle hecklers and this guy's obviously a one-trick-pony hack.
Is managing yourself kind of like representing ones self in court? Something about a fool for a client.
And thank gawd he didn't do the Monk gig. He would've ruined a great show with his mugging.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

Last night was the first time I tuned in to Seinfeld since I learned of this.  I was pretty certain I had it nicely compartmentalized that Kramer is Kramer and Richards is Richards.....but I was disappointed (with myself ????) that I couldn't view it the same way.

Sportsdude

I never thought Seinfeld was funny. Never got why it was so popular.  

P.C.

Love it.  Better than a night-cap.  

I DIDN'T tune in when it was popular, mind you.  But since, I've seen each episode at the very least 20 times.  I used to watch the news before bed, but quit doing that a couple years ago.  I decided I would rather be uninformed.  I like to fall asleep after a good laugh, and Seinfeld does that for me.

|