Just so you know.....

Started by TehBorken, Nov 16 06 07:42

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Lol, not that it matters, but this next 6 weeks or so is a super busy time of the year for me business-wise, so I probably won't get a lot of time to be here, post stuff, etc. Lot of year end changes I have to make, updates, etc on a whole bunch of sites. Lots of hours in the seat. By the time I'm done my ass will be shaped exactly like this chair, my eyes will be be rectangular, and I'll have a CRT-suntan. So if I'm scarce, that's why. No time to play.  

A few of you have an email contact for me and you're welcome to use that if you need to. I will try and at least look occasionally in to make sure no one is setting fire to the curtains and stuf, lol.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]

Well a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I, for one, will miss your presence.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Okai....  See ya later when you get back Teh Borken.  Do remember to give us some pie...yup, lemon meringue pie, please.  ;)  tee hee...  Take care.

kitten

I'll miss all the interesting links you put up for us.  Try to take a breather once in a while.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

Us groupies will miss ya, TB. Take care and come back soon.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

sugarpie

tell us the truth. you were the original (and nicest) Mike on DV. you know... the guy who would post jokes and stuff... from some sites. well. umm anyway. like i said. some of us notice(d) your good work on DV then and DS now. dude. chill. i'm just saying. we the trolls appreciate the shit people like you do. even if you aren't the original (nice-lol) Mike.  

Russ

If your not going to be here and are worried about the place why dont you make someone an assistant mod?

Like Lise, PC, purelife, etc?

Dont work too hard now TB...
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Er. No. As much as the coverted position of a mod can be, it's more of a nuisance. When I was modding for DV, I couldn't even get off the computer. It was that addictive.

Russ, maybe you should write in to TB and ask to be mod here. I'll even nominate you.

Kinda scary. With no captain on board... it might just get ugly.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

He did say we could pm him if it was urgent.  Otherwise, when idiots show up, just don't bother replying and maybe they'll go away.  Why would they want to be stupid if nobody is paying attention?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

none such

idiots? we sell idiots wholesales. lol  

purelife

sugarpie wrote:
tell us the truth. you were the original (and nicest) Mike on DV. you know... the guy who would post jokes and stuff... from some sites. well. umm anyway. like i said. some of us notice(d) your good work on DV then and DS now. dude. chill. i'm just saying. we the trolls appreciate the shit people like you do. even if you aren't the original (nice-lol) Mike.

Just to make this clear that Teh Borken was NEVER an Admin or was any part of DV.

Joseph Hazelwood

[TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"] [TBODY] [TR] [TD vAlign=top width="85%" height="100%"] [DIV style="OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 100%"] Kinda scary. With no captain on board... it might just get ugly. [/DIV]

Where'z'at....steerin' wheel thingy...

[/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD class=smalltext vAlign=bottom width="85%"] [TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD class=smalltext align=left width="100%" colSpan=2][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

Trollio

Trolls are easy to deal with. Trolls hate being ignored more than anything else. Yet people can't help from responding to them. Their drug is a person's reaction. And people give it to them every time. So the troll is like a magician; he needs your help to do his trick. He is playing with your mind. If you don't give it to him, he can't really do it.

The other thing trolls hate is when their posts disappear as soon as they are posted. It makes the whole thing not worth their while. But that takes a heavy-handed mod who is as diligent about killing them as the troll is in disrupting the board. The power is always on the mod's side, especially if he knows the software.

I've played both roles. I've had a forum shut down as a troll, and I've had trolls' internet accounts terminated as a mod, to the point where one guy contacted me begging me to call the ISP and withdraw my complaint against him. I refused.

People have been doing a better job here of ignoring than in a lot of other places I've seen.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu