Deal or No Deal

Started by Lise, Oct 15 06 02:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Man, I'm addicted to this stupid game show. Have lost interest in the Amazing Race only to be replaced by this show. ARGH!!!

Anyone here addicted to game shows?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

I used to watch Jeopardy a lot, but now I don't turn on the TV except for early morning news.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kingy

amazing race is still better.

have you watched the other new game show, 1 vs 100?

Russ

As sad as this sounds I dont watch much TV. Some news, discovery, a and e.. thats about it.

So I dont really know much about the game shows you are talking about, to be serious, the only one I have heard of is deal or no deal.. that one has briefcases right?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

kingy wrote:
amazing race is still better.

have you watched the other new game show, 1 vs 100?[/DIV]
     I tried to watch that. Too boring and I can't stand Bob Saget. Switched over the Jackie Chan's Legend of the Drunken Master instead.

How sad is my life?!?!?!?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

LOL Lise, your life isn't anywhere near from being sad. Anyway what is the point of deal or no deal. lol.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Raver

Do you know why I can't stand Deal Or No Deal?

Do you really want to know?

I'll tell you...

Right after this commercial break

CK

Russ wrote:
As sad as this sounds I dont watch much TV. Some news, discovery, a and e.. thats about it.

Russ, why is that sad? That is not a sad thing.

I used to really watch too much TV. Nowadays, I have been really great at turning the bloody thing off.

I hate all reality tv. Hate game shows. Really, besides movies (and the odd HNIC game), I really only watch a small amount of news.

North Americans need to turn their TV sets OFF!

TehBorken

Never seen the show. What's the general idea of it?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Well, it's simple, TB.

Set amount of cases containing anywhere from 0.01 to a million dollars carried by gorgeous models.

You pick one case and you get to keep this case for the duration of the game.

First round, you open 6 cases.

As long as you don't open the high numbers, you stand a good chance of getting the million dollars.

The Banker in the room will offer you money for your case depending on the cases you open.

The higher the amount of money you open, the lower the money the Banker will offer you.

So it goes on and on, till you make a deal. Take the money or risk it for a chance of a million dollars.

Quite the no brainer there and therein lies the fascination with the contestants.

See more: [A href="http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/"]http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/[/A]
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

More interesting to learn about why the watchers watch.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

WordofadvicejectoR

LISE you need to get yourself out of this immediatly, shows like these pulverize the mind with subliminal messages, before you know it your on some island acting like a slave for money and media.

This is a big step for you right here, smoke a joint, put in a classic role playing game, that will get back to being a warrior.

anyway i gotta go smoke a joint and finish playing CHRONO TRIGGER.

wuhahahahhaaarkcoughsmacklick....

tenkani

[font style="font-weight: bold;" size="7"]MASTER P!!!
He's back, and stonededer than evar!!!11

P.S. TV sucks but if you look hard enough you can find the feces-smeared gems in among the fragments of crumbling masonry and shattered human bone.
[/font]  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

LondonBoy

I prefer fishing for salmon in the River Thames......  
If You Believe In The Will Of God, The Will Of Satan Will Never Destroy Thee.

Guy Carbaneau

LondonBoy wrote:
I prefer fishing for salmon in the River Thames......

Or playing Fuuutball?