Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Wow.

Has anybody ever seen it?

Intense film.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Know it. Loved it. Excellent movie.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah watched the directors cut, so it ends on a cliff hanger.

What does it mean to be human? lol talk about a hard question to answer.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

It's funny though............. the machines/robots in the movie are more humane than most of us. I think that's the gist of the movie. I haven't seen it in ages but I'll always remember both my favorite actors, Harrison Ford and Rutger Haur (spelling) in it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

weird al

Don't forget the guy who wrote the book that became the movie. If you liked the movie, there's a chance that you might like his books a lot more; and there's a lot of 'em.

[A href="https://www.wsu.edu/~brians/science_fiction/bladerunner.html"]https://www.wsu.edu/~brians/science_fiction/bladerunner.html[/A]

kitten

I don't like all of his stuff, but I really liked "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?".  A very good book.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

OK....we're going waaayyyy back on this one.  Haven't seen it in years but.... am I nuts, or was Tina Turner in one of those.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

weird al

I seem to remember "A Scanner Darkly" as being good. He did a "mainstream" novel set in the 50's that was awesome; can't remember the title right now. But it was odd: everything about it was quite ordinary, but it seemed suffused with some kind of ominous undertone. Definitely a genius, Dick - and funny as hell to boot.    

kitten

I have no idea.  I read the book, but I almost never watch movies.  I think the last one I watched came out sometime in the early '90s.  I've worked in movies as an extra, and I did a commercial for a kids' charity, but I don't really like watching them.  If they are based on a book and they sound interesting, I'd rather read the book.  

P.C.

After giving it a little thought, I'm thinking Mad Max.

weird al

Yeah, the book usually wins, 9 times outa 10.

P.C.

Silence of the Lambs....scariest book EVER.  Movie.....OK

P.C.

I hear they're doing a sequel to that,  in Newfoundland.

It's called Ewes Be Quiet.

kitten

Wouldn't dream of watching it.  Like "Chainsaw Massacre".  I don't get into slicing and dicing.  Makes me ill.  *urp*  

weird al

There'll never be another ewe.