Name and Shame

Started by Gopher, Oct 07 06 12:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Which was the worst firm you ever worked for?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Though I can't say which is the worst firm I ever worked for, I can attest to some of the worst dentist I have ever worked for. As in, I would NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER sit in their chair for all the money in the world after seeing their work. You won't believe the corners they cut.

Too bad I can never name names due to my professional code of ethics.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

In 1959 I found work as kitchen help wahing dishes and basic prep work.  The owner worked in the kitchen and his wife worked out front.  He was a disgusting slob who kept trying to make passes at me when his wife wasn't watching.  She finally caught him, and since she couldn't fire him, she fired me.  As much as I needed work, I was so glad to be out of there.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

Eeeow, kitten - that's disgusting to have a boss oggling you.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Sorry....I'm not hi-jacking this thread, but hubby just walked by, and was lured in by your avatar.....LOL.  Mesmerizing I tell ya !!!!!
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Can you visualize me dashing around the table dodging him while trying to peel carrots?  Not a pretty sight!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Which was the worst firm you ever worked for?[/div]
Microsoft (as a contractor). There were good teams and bad teams, but my last gig was awful. Contractors are treated like slaves, and my last manager there was the biggest a**hole in the known universe. That was 5 years ago and he was such a toxic f*ckhead, even to this day  I'd like to run him over with my Jeep, then get out and set him on fire. That little maggot-filled pukebag shit-weasel.

Not that I'm still pissed off about it or anything, lol.  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

kitten wrote:
Can you visualize me dashing around the table dodging him while trying to peel carrots?  Not a pretty sight!

I'm having vivid dream of you in a sweet little waitress outfit, kitten.  And oh wow...... TehBorken! What words. Eloquent to say the very least.

Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Sportsdude

The job I'm doing now. You are treated like a slave. I hated it until now I just give up and take it. Although its the only job I've done in my life. I was the youngest doing the work. The job mainly shows you who is struggling in life. Like a single mother with 3 kids. She works through the night and her kids sleep in the car. Scenes like this you don't forget.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Indeed you don't, but along with all sorts of other things it's good material for you to use when you eventually write your memoirs.  

Sportsdude

LOL. Memoirs LOL.

I don't know if I'll get to that book. But if I do, that means I would have accomplished what I wanted to accomplish in my life. But I highly doubt that would happen. I'll try but I don't think its realistic at the moment.

Gopher

Not too certain about this, you seem to have had hundreds of experiences already.  

Sportsdude

yeah but they don't mean anything anymore. Nobody cares about peoples struggles anymore. We've become 'who cares about them' society now. Its depressing. Meanwhile since its Thanksgiving now in Canada it reminds me when the american thanksgiving comes around I'll be in a soup kitchen helping.

Gopher

Pretty much my case, I always seem to get to be a helper at these sorts of things. However, it's more fitting with my nature as I HATE being prominently placed. There are supposedly two kinds of people: the Limelights and the Lampshades - I'm definitely the latter.