Previous topic - Next topic

Mutilated Mind

Sportsdude wrote:
 I like to cook and bake things.
-------------------------------------------

I like eating them.
I say we should team up together. :)

Lise

Mooncakes should be on sale today. Check out your local T & T Supermarket. They usually discount the stuff after the festival.

I found cheaper ones in Chinatown plus they're much fresher there.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Mooncakes. I'll keep my eye out. Will do a search for chinese markets doubt I'll find any though.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I hope you're able to try some because they're really delicious. Never mind the calories though. As for the price, there's a reason why these babies are expensive. The stuff takes a long time to make and it's not easy to make them.

My favorite has gotta be the plain lotus seed ones. I don't mind the egg yolks but prefer the plain ones.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Hmmm, I don't know where all the asians hang out here since there's very few of them around. Sucks, because I like asian people. But they built this asian centre at my library so I guess I could try there.

Lise

Well, wish I can help you out there, SD but I know next to nothing about where you live.

I'm so lucky to be in Vancouver. Lotsa Asians around which means wider selection of food.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah I know there's only about 5,000 asians around. And its boom times for the asian population there used to be like 5 around here. Its depressing.

P.C.

I have made mooncakes only once.  However, the only reason I made them (oblivious to the interesting history and lore) is because I found one of the beautiful molds at a funky kitchenware place in San Francisco.  Had to have it....had to try it.  That's exactly the type I made, Lise.  The Lotus seed paste with walnuts and the red bean ones.

They aren't TOO hard to make, but they are fussy.  The two kinds of pastry dough that they are wrapped in is the tricky part. (kind of the same method as puff pastry)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Wow, PC. I'm impressed by your culinary skills! You gotta teach us all one day.
Bill Cosby.