Turning Point in Life

Started by greycat, Oct 05 06 01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I looked at housing sales for fun a couple of weeks ago and it seems Mission has the cheapest homes but thats in the middle of nowhere I think.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Mission is in the middle of nowhere. Surrey is getting expensive as well. Can't believe the prices of houses these days.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

It will drop.....someday.

Lise

Drop someday? Dunno. The way the housing prices are going, I can't see that happening. Perhaps after the 2010 Olympics.

Another reason why I did not support the 2010 Olympics. I've seen it happened in Sydney to know the effects of the Olympics. *sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

What happend in Sydney?

greycat

Please, please dont turn this thread into an argument about housing prices dropping or getting worse...thats what www.realestatetalk is for. I know where to find a house for under $200,000 and that is part of the plan.
It is what it is.

P.C.

I lived in Mission for a few years.  I never thought it was in the middle of nowhere.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Okay then greycat sorry, then the final answer is really up to you. Its not our life its yours you do what you think is right.

greycat

I am a horrible decision maker...it takes forever...obviously. I just wondered how this situation looks from an objective point of view and if there were any others out there who were still struggling with their lives at this late date, or still trying to make major life decisions. Seems ppl get married in their 20s or 30s, start spittin out the babies, get mortgaged up and by the time they are 40 they are having a midlife crisis! I feel like i am just starting out all the time, its crazy.
It is what it is.

Lise

Sportsdude wrote:
What happend in Sydney?[/DIV]
 Sorry greycat, at the risk of hijacking your thread - the housing prices in Sydney skyrocketed with the Millenium games. Has never come down. Sydney is still paying for the game, they're in debt right now.... as with any other countries who have hosted the games.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

LOL. Greycat you dissed me earlier saying I couldn't be going through the same thing but truely I am. I'm 20 still haven't finished high school because I had to 'drop out' to help the family. Working on finishing it but all my friends now are away in college. Sophmores already and here I am still stuck in the mud. I feel like I haven't experienced anything in life. I feel I've missed out on the world. I feel that once I get to university I'll just be taken advantage of because I'll be of legal drinking age and the 16,17,18 year old freshman will just use me for beer. I worry about being the oldest in my class. I feel like I'm missing out on life and life has passed me by. People out there are having fun, exploring the world and I'm still doing this thankless job and come home and get yelled at because I didn't do enough. LoL, I know how you feel.

I really don't have any friends.

I've never had a girlfriend of any kind. (but thats mostly my fault I signed a pact with myself back in 5th grade never to date anyone from the midwest)

I'm all by myself.

Yeah I know how it feels you feel like you are in the grey area and are lost.

purelife

Hey Greycat.  This is just my impression of your posts so far in this thread.  I don't mean to offend.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]It's called procrastination.  You're putting things off, probably not on purpose, so that you could get other things done.  In your mind, marriage and having kids wasn't that important as having a stable job first.  So, you procrastinated throughout your years in life and then it's just recently that you start to really sit down and think about what you have done thus far.  

I find that many people stop or don't do much because they put their age first.  Why is that necessary?  I hear, "oh, I'm 45, I can't lose the weight like I used to" or "Oh, I get so tired these days when I get older."  The more someone tells him/herself that, the more the body and mind start to make it real.  Then your heart believes it and guess what, he/she gets depressed and depression may lead to diseases.  Disease is merely a dis ease.  Anyways, I feel that you could really have your child and buy that house when you take the steps to get there.  Take one step at a time.  Sit down and do up a flow chart.  When you have given your all, and nothing turns out the way you wanted it, at least you will continue living your life with no regrets.  

Like SD mentioned, no more what "if's."  Try now and see where it'll lead you.

I hope this makes sense and have helped you.

49er

Greycat....prioritize your goals.  If you and your husband seriously want a kid then set this as your first priority as ageing is out of your control.  Buying a house or changing career will depend on your finacial situation and the cost of raising that kid.

The frank KING!

Dargon wrote:
The frank KING! wrote:
anything is possible.

That is such a load of newage feel-good shit. Anything is not possible, so quit winding her up. Yes, if your rich like Bill Gates anything is possible but shes not so quit telling her it is.

I guess your mind is pretty simple.

Do you know what "anything" means? It is a wide range of possibilities. Anything can range from going to jail, or to winning the lottery and going to Barbados.

Dargon..tsk tsk!!

CK

Lise wrote:
Mission is in the middle of nowhere. Surrey is getting expensive as well. Can't believe the prices of houses these days. [/DIV]
 A place like Mission would be great, if a person worked in Mission instead of having to commute into Vancouver.

My dad said he remembers people saying house prices would drop after Expo 86 too. Hahhaaa! That is funny, after seeing what happened in the Lower Mainland.  

|