Now I do hope for some intelligent and mature conversation...

Started by Mutilated Mind, Oct 04 06 10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutilated Mind

Should I actually respond to that, TehBorken ?
I have a point and you don't want to admit it. It's sad.

You are resorting to the sad, sad stratagem of pretending to misunderstand my meaning which can be funny if done in good faith and jokingly, but not if used to ignore the point the other person is making and to appear to be right anyway.

As for the picture, was there some problem with the link to it ?

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:
Should I actually respond to that, TehBorken ?

Only if you feel like it.

I have a point and you don't want to admit it. It's sad.

Okay, fine. What's your point? I'll try to respond in as direct a fashion as possible.

As for the picture, was there some problem with the link to it ?

Which picture?  Do you mean the picture of the girl with the shirt? No, the link worked fine.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

MM, I think the problem you're having, is that you make comments in a manner that is almost antagonistic.  Then you procede to disect the responses, over-analyze them and criticize the poster that made them.  A 'mature conversation' involves the understanding that not everyone shares your point of view, but can enjoy talking about it none-the-less.

Try not getting so pissy when everybody doesn't agree with you.....you might enjoy yourself a little bit more.  Just a friendly bit of advice.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

SHADDAP

Mutilated Mind wrote:
In short : that picture is actually very insulting to that girl and has been made to be so.

WHO CARES? SHUT THE f*ck UP ALREADY.

TehBorken

SHADDAP wrote:
WHO CARES? SHUT THE f*ck UP ALREADY.

Please feel free to take your own advice. Don't be the first person I'm forced to ban from this forum, okay?

Mutilated Mind

P.C. wrote:
MM, I think the problem you're having, is that you make comments in a manner that is almost antagonistic.  Then you procede to disect the responses, over-analyze them and criticize the poster that made them.  A 'mature conversation' involves the understanding that not everyone shares your point of view, but can enjoy talking about it none-the-less.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.C.... - aptly chosen nick - that's not the problem I'm having. That's the problem YOU are having. Do you see the nuance ? I'll admit that I often respond in a rather straightforward way, but never do I actually insult anyone, which can't be said of some of those who don't like my replies. Did you notice that, P.C. ?

And I sincerely would like some of you people who think they are justified in complaining about my replies to, for once, look at their own ways of responding. Maybe they will discover that there is some subject for improvement as well.

And lastly... it's not about someone not sharing my point of view at all... if you thought that, you are way, way off.  It's all about the intentions behind what someone is saying.

And P.C. really couldn't help him/herself, and wrote:
Try not getting so pissy when everybody doesn't agree with you.....you might enjoy yourself a little bit more.  Just a friendly bit of advice.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some bad perception on your part... but BAD !
When I get pissy, that's when people get nasty just for the heck of it, particularly if someone joins in and thinks he/she will have a bit of fun by pummelling me around, so to speak.

Do you know what YOUR problem is, P.C. ?
It's the fact that you expect from me (or anyone else for that matter) to think you're friendly - when you're absolutely not. Just displaying the usual overbearing attitude, most commonly shared in these parts with a number of like-minded people.

Now - maybe I can go back to posting about things I want to actualy post about...

Mutilated Mind

Lise wrote:
Methinks MM needs to get laid. And fast.
--------------------------------------------------------

You think so ?
As in the case of that other poster - maybe you should take your own advice... :)
No offense meant, of course.

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:
It's the fact that you expect from me (or anyone else for that matter) to think you're friendly - when you're absolutely not.

I think P.C. is friendly. I don't see her taking people to task, being pedantically argumentative, or starting anything. And I certainly don't find her overbearing.

P.C.

P.C.... - aptly chosen nick - that's not the problem I'm having. That's the problem YOU are having. Do you see the nuance ? I'll admit that I often respond in a rather straightforward way, but never do I actually insult anyone, which can't be said of some of those who don't like my replies. Did you notice that, P.C. ?

P.C. was the name of my mama kitty.  It stands for Pussy Cat.....so you're correct there....very aptly chosen nick.  I'M not HAVING a problem.....so, no, I don't see the nuance.

And P.C. really couldn't help him/herself, and wrote:
Some bad perception on your part... but BAD !

P.C. is a 'herself'.  My comments were offered truly as a bit of friendly advice. You have the right to not accept it.

It's the fact that you expect from me (or anyone else for that matter) to think you're friendly - when you're absolutely not. Just displaying the usual overbearing attitude, most commonly shared in these parts with a number of like-minded people.

Again, I don't HAVE a problem.  I expect nothing from you nor anyone else for that matter.  It's your right to have the opinion that I'm unfriendly and overbearing.

Now - maybe I can go back to posting about things I want to actualy post about...

Carry on !  (or as my hubby would say....carry on as if you were normal)  

P.C.

TehBorken......[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c017.gif" border=0]

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:
Please feel free to take your own advice. Don't be the first person I'm forced to ban from this forum, okay?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TehBorken, would you actually seriously consider banning someone for saying what he said ?
Strangely enough, I feel I have to come to that SHADDAP bloke's defence. What he said may just prove his emotional and intellectual immaturity, but I think in no way did he really do anything worse than what some of the regulars here did at some moment or other relating to taking offense at the position I was defending and trying to shut me up.

OK OK, he posted in all caps... but I never heard this was a crime serious enough to get a ban... :)

Mutilated Mind

P.C. wrote:
P.C. was the name of my mama kitty.  It stands for Pussy Cat
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must say... now THAT's original ! :)

And P.C. went on:
Carry on !  (or as my hubby would say....carry on as if you were normal)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your hubby's wisdom is proverbial.

Now, with all that put aside... do you mind ?...

P.C.

Do I mind ?

Do I mind what ?  You've got me stumped there.

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:
TehBorken, would you actually seriously consider banning someone for saying what he said ?

Lol, nope, it was just an attempt to get the dork to behave. No, it would take a lot more than that for me to ban someone.

Strangely enough, I feel I have to come to that SHADDAP bloke's defence.

Whatever spins yer gears.

What he said may just prove his emotional and intellectual immaturity, but I think in no way did he really do anything worse than what some of the regulars here did at some moment or other relating to taking offense at the position I was defending and trying to shut me up.

Fine with me.

OK OK, he posted in all caps... but I never heard this was a crime serious enough to get a ban... :)

I dunno...I take a dim view of anyone from Capslockistan.

|