Snow

Started by Gopher, Sep 17 06 11:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Am I the only person here who likes it?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

So far, yes!  I moved to Vancouver to get away from the stuff.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

I like cold weather does that count? I swear I'm the anti snow bird. One of the factors for me of moving to Canada is the weather. I love the cold, its when I come alive. Nothing makes you feel more alive then -10C walking through the snow.

But I don't like to shovel snow so thats why I like Vancouver. All I need to do is take a short trip up to the mountains and bam, snow.

I perfer rain though over snow. Nothing better then falling a sleep on a sunday or saturday afternoon for a nap and listening to the rain fall.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

Snow = Bad.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

TehBorken wrote:
Snow = Bad.

I agree. Snow is only good when you don't have to travel to work and you don't have anything to do that day. Otherwise nothing good comes from being snowed in.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Nah...snow is okay for a little while, like a couple of minutes of falling, but anything more than that, it turns to slush and gets all slippery.

I'm in a part of town where there are hills.  I'm not talking about little tiny hills, I'm talking about hills on a great incline.  I always end up slipping and falling.  I'm afraid of walking down these hills to the skytrain every morning.  

Snow?  I can just head to the mountains.

Sportsdude

Hills? Vancouver has hills? No way.

kitten

Better believe Vancouver has hills!  And some really steep ones, at that.  North Vancouver is a lot worse, and even in Burnaby where I live is on a hill.  Simon Fraser University is at the top of Burnaby Mountain.  New Westminster is mostly hills.

Sportsdude

Oh, I guess I can't tell how hilly Vancouver is by Google Earth.

Sportsdude

oh well if you want to see hills I'll take pictures of the bluffs by my house. lol

kitten

I see plenty of hills, and go down quite a steep one when I go to work.  About the only place around here that is flat would be Richmond, where the airport is situated.

Sportsdude

Oh, I see. Well I look at the elevation of vancouver and it only goes from like 0 to 50 feet I think.

Sportsdude

thats what I'll do sometime this week. Take pictures of hills. lol heck I could do one right now outside my bedroom its on top of a cliff and I can see 10 to 15 miles down a valley. Pretty cool.

CK

Snow Rules!

Lived in Burnaby most of my life, and all I wanted to do on the weekends was get to the mountains for some snow. Problem was, Whistler was the main choice and it has become a small city of its own. I love snow. I want to move to BC's interior to get into more snow.

Mutilated Mind

Lise wrote:
TehBorken wrote:
Snow = Bad.

I agree.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure you would.

Lise went on to write:
 Snow is only good when you don't have to travel to work and you don't have anything to do that day. Otherwise nothing good comes from being snowed in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, but I can think of a few good things.
An example would be : you are a bit, let's say, overweight, as you weigh about 500 pounds. It's snowing, you fill up your car with yourself and it doesn't want to start. It is snowing so hard you just stay inside, and it is freezing all over and you car has frozen shut and nobody can see you because the windows are all iced over...

So you stay inside for two weeks because it's snowing very hard all that time. Suddenly, two weeks later, the sun comes out, the sky is blue and the birds are happily singing, and - guess what ???

You emerge from the car, lite and svelte as a 20-yeard old model !

Hasn't something good come out of having been snowed in ? Now you tell me.