0 (0%)
Other (please specify)
2 (20%)
Guavas (just added)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

purelife

I prefer to be on top.  

Oh, I'm sorry, you're talking about FRUITS!  Why, I love them all.

Sportsdude

ah naughty naughty pl!
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

I have a love/hate relationship with fruit.
[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(192, 0, 0);"]And with Adam     >:([/span]

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

Mangoes all the way.................. especially the ones from the Phillipines.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

weird al

From the Philippines you say....don't know if I've seen those around or not. Where do you get 'em, Lise?

Adam_Fulford

Mangos are doing surprisingly well in the opening week.  Wonder what this means...

Just read a bit about them.  "Mangos" are referred to as "fruit of the gods" in the Hindu Vedas.  It's the national fruit of India, as well as Pakistan (maybe they could be the basis for peace talks between these two rival nations).

Surprisingly, Mango trees are in the same family as poison ivy, and contain urushiol in the sap and the fruit's peal, which causes an allergic reaction in some people.  The fruit itself is entirely safe for just about everybody.

Mango flowers are usually pollinated by thrips, flies, and bats! They aren't popular with honey bees.  Fruit bats -- closely related to primates -- love mangos.    

Lise

Oh ha. I forgot Adam's obssession with all things batty. (in the nicest sense)

al, you can usually get Phillipine mangoes at any grocery stores - they're usually best in the late spring, summer season.

They're kinda oblong in shape and have a deep yellow/orange skin color when riped. They're much sweeter than the Mexican ones (hence the price) but well worth the investment. Nothing like a delicious mango to start your day. Yummy.

[A href="http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Tagalog/Tagalog_Default_files/Philippine_Culture/mangga4.jpg[/img]http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Tagalog/Tagalog_Default_files/Philippine_Culture/mangga4.jpg[/A]

You can also try the dried version that comes in packages. These are available at any grocery stores in the Asian section.

[A href="http://www.gourmondo.de/pimgs/200/1000311201.1.jpg[/img]http://www.gourmondo.de/pimgs/200/1000311201.1.jpg[/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orca

If I have to pick one, then Manggo it is.

There are many kinds of manggoes in the world, y'know, even in one region there are varieties like you won't believe (different shapes and slighly different tastes). I like Mexican, Philiphines, Jamaican, Indonesian (few kinds) and the unripen (sour) manggoes (*drool*).

49er

Orca wrote:
  If I have to pick one, then Manggo it is.

There are many kinds of manggoes in the world, y'know, even in one region there are varieties like you won't believe (different shapes and slighly different tastes). I like Mexican, Philiphines, Jamaican, Indonesian (few kinds) and the unripen (sour) manggoes (*drool*).

[/DIV]
 Yes, that brings back memories........... as a kid I used to like unripen mangoes dipped in salt and paper at each bite

Sportsdude

I like Peaches if I have to pick one.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Peaches for me, too.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kingy

looks like lise swayed the mango vote. it is up to 3 now.

soapbox

raspberries

blueberries

kiwi

Thread Cop

How could you forget strawberries? lol Just kidding..

I prefer:
1) Strawberries
2) BlueBerries
3) Cherries