So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Oh moving, yikes. Yeah, I'm returning to Vancouver as a homeless person. It's going to be brutal.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Returning to Raincouver to finish your studies?    

Sportsdude

Yup! I'm going to make my triumph return in the first week of December. I'll let you know when I have a better grasp of my exam schedule for an exact date.

I'm going to graduate in the spring of '13, but I doubt I'll stay in Vancouver.

purelife

Made barley chicken soup.  Looking forward to lunch! :)

Gopher

Sounds good to me, I've just had a steak pie.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I made my own lunch. Veggie wrap.

purelife

Sandwich for lunch today. :)

What's everyone's plans for Thanksgiving?  Is anyone cooking up a feast?

We're going to MrPL's grandparents for dinner.  Can't wait for that!  And on Sunday, I will be hosting dinner and preparing a feast.  No turkey though cuz mine always turn out dry and it's just so time consuming.  I'm only cooking for 4 guests.  I'm looking forward to it.  :)

Orik

For thanksgiving dinner I will be making some Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes I will top off  the mashed potatoes with a little bit of onion & carrots that were pickled along with a bunch of Jalapeño's. Which will spice it up something fierce.. I will probably have a side of stewed tomatoes & broccoli as for desert either a piece of pumpkin pie or apple pie which I shall buy at the deli down the street.

and then I will read a book or play some video games.    
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

I have nothing planned on this end. I've got a lot of school work to do. I can't seem to catch up or stay ahead due to my crazy work schedule.

purelife

That sounds like a nice wholesome dinner, Orik. :)

We didn't do anything yesterday but I made dinner on Sunday.  Meatloaf was the main course and everyone loved it.  There were so many dishes in the end to clean so I had several helpers forming an assembly line while I put up my feet to relax.  They offered to clean, which was really nice.  

Gopher

Pork chops, carrots and potatpoes

Orik

Quote from: purelife on Oct 11 11 09:37
That sounds like a nice wholesome dinner, Orik. :)

It was a nice wholesome dinner I had planned. However I recived a invite to a thanksgiving lunch I ended up having 2 BBQ steaks, 1 sirloin tip  that was marinated with soy sauce, worshestershire sauce as well as garlic it was very good. The other steak i bilieve it was a flank cut it was well marinated  and i think it had a dry rub with dijon now this was a nice soft steak well marinated and bbq to perfection but it was lacking it could of used a bit more heat.

I added some louisianna hot sauce which made it nearly perfect I will ask them for the marinade recipies and try them out with some added heat. The baked potatoes and garden salad served with fresh dandelions were very good. I skipped the salad dressing & had the salad plain it was nice but the dandylions are a late fall crop which made them slightly bitter.  The baked tater I had with some margarine and I also had a nice bowl of bunnternut Squash soup. All in all a perfect thanksgiving lunch with good friends.

The end of the wonderful day was a large serving of fresh form the oven Peach Cobbler with a scoop of bryers vanilla ice cream.

Fantastic good eats, with good friends it was a very pleasant day.

Dinner ended up being stir fired chicken with mixed veggies and a side of mashed potatoes. no gravy because I had the sir fry as a topping instead. 
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

purelife

Sounds delicious Orik.

Lunch was leftover spaghetti from 2 nights ago.  Still tastes great!

Orik

It was great PL I do not go out often but it is nice to do so once in awhile.

I am finding I do not enjoy spending time in the kitchen like I used to, the pain of standing while prepping meals is now at a point of being very unpleasant, the lack of muscle control does not help any. I dropped the knife 4 times today as I was trying to cut the pork shoulder into 1/8 inch cubes for stir frying with the pancit (noodles) and some extra snap peas..

Breakfast was pancit noodles and snap peas
Lunch was curried rice with spicy pork shoulder

Dinner today will be Stir fried pork 1/4 lb with shrimp 150 grams, 200 grams snap pea's whole.
served on a bed of steamed long grain rice 2 cups rice 4 cups water.
Which will be topped with a black bean sauce.

The black bean sauce is so simple it is made with 2 cups black bean soup add a 1/2 cup almond milk or cocunut milk which ever you prefer more add a 1/4 teaspoon of cayene pepper.  or a tablespoon worth of your preferred hot sauce

add the soup, the milk and the spice in to a small sauce pan. Simmer untill it has reduced to 2 cups worth and is  thick like a good mashed potato or Yorkshire pudding gravy, pour over top of your stir fried pork and shrimp serve and enjoy

this will serve 2 people.

Gopher

Salmon Florentine

|