So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

most of the locations here are Taco Bell/KFC.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Yeah there's a few of those around here but its mostly pizza hut/taco bell and a&w/long john silvers.

a&w is good for rootbeer and floats.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kingy

i like a&w onion rings.

Lil Me

We like A&W if we're going for burgers.  The onion rings are good.  The fries are mediocre unless you add gravy.  Root beer in frosty mugs!

No Long John Silvers here.  I had to look it up.  The closest location in Oregon.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kingy

ive always wanted to try a white castle burger ever since the harold and kumar movie. are they strictly an east coast chain.

Lil Me

SD- does KFC have cheap chicken on Tues in your area?  Here you can get a 2 piece meal for $2.  Toonie Tuesdays.  

Lil Me

kingy wrote:
ive always wanted to try a white castle burger ever since the harold and kumar movie. are they strictly an east coast chain.

--
 So have I!  I've never been to In-N-Out either.

Sportsdude

white castle is huge here. Did I mention I live in a fast food capital? lol.

That's all we have here, fast food places.

Hardee's (Carl's Jr.) was founded here ugh that stuff is disgusting.

Sportsdude

trust me you don't want to eat at white castle.  

Sportsdude

We have fast food everywhere but like this town some fast food places are catered towards the black community so they do not go out into the suburbs (this sounds bizarre but its the case here)
These include:
Church's chicken
Rally's
Popeye's Chicken and Biscuts
Del Taco

I have no idea why those establishments are not out in the suburbs but its a long story.

Then in the 'white' communities
Mcdonald's (they're in both communities)
Burger King (both but right now all of the stores are closed local company went bankrupt)
Wendy's (both, but local company went bankrupt so all of the stores are closed)
Steak n' Shake
Culver's
Taco Bell (both)
Long John Silvers (both)
Captain D's
A&W
Hardee's (both)
White Castle (both)
Jack in the Box
Chick fil a (in the malls)
KFC
Lee's Famous Chicken
Arby's
Lion's Choice
Boston Market
Crazy Bowls and wraps

gosh my town is stupid.

I know of no other place where certain businesses will not open up in certain communities.

Lil Me

fried chicken isn't very popular here.  KFC has closed most of its locations (except in malls),  and Popeye's went out of business within a year.  There is still Church's and a few mom and pop chicken stores.  

Russ

I know of half of those fast food places. Havent heard of all of them.

EDIT: we eat churchs chicken all the time over KFC. I have never heard of popeyes.. where was this location opened up Lil Me?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

At my inner city church there's a popeye's down the street been their a few times.  Their food is too greasy for my liking.  Had church's chicken once in high school after we played a football game (i was on the team) got weird looks mainly because I was the only white kid in the place. lol    

purelife

Sorry to interrupt.  This is a minor disruption.  ;)

I don't know if anyone cares but my mp3 can be fixed.  There is an actual Philips warranty centre.  They'll replace my mp3 player!  YES!  I'm going there right after work.  I want a new one!  :)

Ok, as you were.  ;)

tenkani

W00h000!
Happy Lunch to Kingy, Russ, Purelife, Lil Jon and Sportsdude!
In-N-Out is da bombdiggity!!!!     :O
Their secret menu is exciting to order from. Makes me feel so damn 1337!!!
I had some crappy filipino noodles for Lunch today but I won't let that bring me down!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|