So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

nope I wouldn't do driving around.  Just handling packages and sorting for a few hours a night before I go to my other work at around 3am.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Did you apply already?

Sportsdude

I was going to but then my employment history is a little complicated so I'll wait until I figure out what to do.  

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
nope I wouldn't do driving around.  Just handling packages and sorting for a few hours a night before I go to my other work at around 3am.

--
 So you might get to wear the brown polyester uniform!
 Good luck with the job application.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

purelife wrote:

How are your young ones doing?  Feeling better?

--

Yes, thank you.  They had a quiet day at home (as did I).  Played cards and read books.  Older kid learned how to play Solitaire on the computer (the addiction begins...) and the younger kid finished his reading class homework.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

There's this kids site called Club Penguin.  [A href="http://www.clubpenguin.com"]www.clubpenguin.com[/A]

Kids love this site.  :)  They get to collect coins and take care of pets and play games with other online penguins.  Really cute.

Glad to hear that everyone in the Lil Me family is doing well. :)

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
So you might get to wear the brown polyester uniform!
Good luck with the job application.

LOL I might now that I think about it.

Lise

What a delightful site, purelife. I have bookmarked it for Lise Jr. Ta!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

thanks purelife.  We'll hafta check that out!

What's for dinner?
 I'm having more of the gut-wrenching CNY jai with brown rice.
 Cooking spag and meat sauce for the kids.

Russ

we are having spagball as well lil me. LOL
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Hi purelife......just playing catch up, and noticed you're looking to make scalloped potatoes.  (MMMMM)  Simple and yummy.  I found this recipe on-line, and it's the closest to how I make mine.  I don't scald the milk though.  And if you're using 1% milk, I'd replace at least 1/4 cup of the milk with half and half or cream.  You can add whatever you like to make it interesting.  Some chives, garlic, onion sliced really thin....parsley.....bacon bits....whatever strikes your fancy.

A basic scalloped potatoes recipe baked in the oven.     4 cups thinly sliced potatoes, about 6 to 8 medium potatoes

2 tablespoons flour

1 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

3 tablespoons butter

2 cups scalded milk

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

[H4]PREPARATION:[/H4] In a buttered 2-quart baking dish, place a layer of about 1/3 of the potatoes. In a cup or small bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper. Sprinkle about half of the flour mixture over the potatoes; repeat with another layer of potatoes and the flour mixture and top with remaining potato slices. Dot with butter then pour hot milk over potatoes. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for an additional 15 minutes, or until scalloped potatoes are tender and cheese has melted. Scalloped potatoes serves 6 to 8.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

finishing frankenstein tonight.  

Lise

Introducing Lise Jr. to the world of forum. She's on my lap, making such cute noises. Coo coo.... aaahh..... loving it......
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Awwww......an '[FONT size=4]admini'[/FONT] in the making. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a207.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Hehe. Maybe the future admini in years to come.

Darn. She's making demands that just will not be ignored. Gotta go. Night, Lady PC.
Bill Cosby.

|