So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

OMG....TOP

[img height=319 src="http://www.pharohspride.com/sitebuilder/images/Mandy_Meeko_sls-m_084-260x319.jpg" width=260]

Future Canadian

Well P.C....puppies are awfully cute. But they do leave messes and will gnaw on favorite furniture or books. Maybe it's good to put off getting one if you are not ready to commit the time to walkies and training and scrubbing. I love our family dog to pieces but I don't think we'll get another after she goes to chase the great raccoon in the sky. But puppies are awfully cute.[/DIV]Didn't you say you have property. Have you lots of space for a dog to run around?
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

Hey does anybody know what Lise has been up to?  I guess she's been really busy lately.

Future Canadian

P.C. That is suchacutekittypictureOMG!!!
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

Yeah my family loves our dog ozzie but he is a pain in the butt sometimes and he sheds a lot. But ever since we moved into the new house he's been great. The cat on the other hand is staying at the other house by herself for a good 2 months now.  She's not a people person anyway but dad hates angel because all she does is rub up against things and shed's like a machine gun sprays bullets.

Future Canadian

and shed's like a machine gun sprays bullets.

OMG That's our dog to a T.

P.C.

FC....I have a couple of acres....but it's not that. [/DIV] I don't think I would be good at doling out my time at this stage of my life that would be beneficial to a puppy.  I was trying to explain that to one of our guests tonight, that pets that we had when our kids were growing up, adapted to the 'atmosphere' of how things were THEN.  Our kids amused and entertained pets more than we think.  Now that WE are the sole 'entertainers'....would these pets take on the same 'personalities'.  I don't think so.

Sportsdude

oh. For my family its the other way around. Ozzie and Angel amuse us to laughter.

Future Canadian

You make a good point PC. I think the house pet would definately be a reflection of time spent with it. If you are busy a lot or can't spend good time with it, it will be affected. Much to my chagrin our dog seems a bit "needy" probably because we don't spend enough time with it (or at least didn't) but that could be also because she was from a pet store and nobody wanted her so she was a huge puppy crammed into one of those boxes (we just couldn't not take her after seeing her predicament).

P.C.

Our neighbour (whom we love dearly) were the proud (yet misguided) owners of a Great Pyrenees (Kuvasz).....what a nasty piece of flesh this dog was.  We were all terrified of this freaking dog, but nobody wanted to offend our friend.  They didn't have the time (or take the time) to train this massive beast.  She (the dog) has since gone to terrorist puupy heaven, but now our friend is talking about BREEDING AND RAISING these dogs.  

I have nothing against the breed, but people have some warped ideas about being a pet owner.  

Sportsdude

[/DIV]ah they don't look that bad.

Future Canadian

For real PC. You can't just feed 'em and walk away. We see a lot of what I call "dirt circle dogs", dogs that are tied to a tree and just left there and wear out a dirt (more like mud) circle. Hate those people.

Sportsdude

Oh I seen worse. On the way down to the farm in so. il. We go past this hick trailer park town of about 5 people (they live in burned out mobile homes) anyway there is always this horse tied up to a tree. Talk about Redneck. [/DIV]And I went to this party in the hills and a bunch of people got extremely drunk and they started to ride around in machinery. Well the father ran over a dog and didn't even care he said the dog deserved it.

|