So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

er, okay cool.

yeah voting here. Its not for president for he's still in office for another two years but its for congress and who controls it. Plus govenors are up for election. And then there's ballot initives.

If Democrats win win 15 seats in the house or more and 6 in the Senate, Bush's last two years in office will be a living hell.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Johnny late

Lise wrote:
Hmmm.... wonder if I'll get a chance to vote too? Been so busy lately. I know it's not an excuse though.

Am a bit ignorant about the voting going down there in the south. What's it about? [/DIV]
 what election is coming up for you Lise? the BC election?

Lise

I guess so, Johnny. I'm just talking in the future sense. Who knows when I'm able to get time off to vote.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Johnny Late

I guess having kids ties down a person. Voting is not always easy, especially if you have a couple kids and there is a big line up.

Lise

Yep. Exactly. Gotta be an easier way to vote. Maybe online in the future.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I look forward to the day that comes into effect.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

well they used computers here yesterday. It was easy. Problem with the computers was that the piece of paper that printed off everyone's choices had to be replaced a lot but older folks didn't understand touch screen so it took them 20 minutes to vote while it only took me about 2 minutes.

Lise

Online voting. Can see that happening in the future but also tons of problems. Someone could just hack into the computer and mess up the voting big time.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

what ever happened to the pencil and paper way of voting.

Gopher

"Crow" - George Bush.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

kingy wrote:
 what ever happened to the pencil and paper way of voting.

[/DIV]
       Election 2000, Miami-Dade County, butterfly ballots, hanging chads.

I did the electronic way and it was cool you would touch the screen for the person or thing you want and next to the screen would be this piece of paper and your vote gets printed on the paper.

Lise

What's everyone having for lunch today? It's congee for me..... again. Bleech. Running out of ideas of what to cook for lunch now.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

my lunch is thawing still. This vietnamese chicken pre cooked stuff I bought at the store a while back.

Lise

Doesn't sound too bad. I enjoy leftovers.

Alrighty, gotta go attack that bowl of congee.
Bill Cosby.

|