So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

I just bought my first crock pot! Will try it within the next few days. Got any first recipes that I can try? Would love to hear your recipes if you have any.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

SWEET LISE!!!

Let me get my book
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

The book we use is called Fix -it and forget - it Recipes for entertaining, Slow cooker favorites for all the year Round.

[A href="http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Forget-Recipes-Entertaining-Favorites/dp/1561483788/sr=8-1/qid=1160341051/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-1036297-3793706?ie=UTF8&s=books"]http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Forget-Recipes-Entertaining-Favorites/dp/1561483788/sr=8-1/qid=1160341051/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-1036297-3793706?ie=UTF8&s=books[/A]

kitten

I always found the veggies turned out overcooked and sometimes even mushy.  I prefer veggies slightly firm and crunchy.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

Thanks SD.

Just looked at my crock pot recipe sheet that came with the pot. Looks like a lotta carrots, potatoes, celery.... tough veggies to begin with. I might try the chicken in mushroom gravy. Looks interesting.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Cool lise! I hope you have fun.

kitten

If you come across a recipe for Salisbury steak, go for it, as it seems to turn out perfectly every time.   Steak, mushrooms and gravy.....Yummm!!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

Crock pot cooking is great for your young ones.  The food gets really mushy and all the natural flavors are kept inside.  I used to make beef stews and chicken soups in them.

Do you have a pressure cooker Lise?  That was an awesome investment.  

Sportsdude

Yup. Crock pots make food easier to eat for the little ones.

Lise

P-p-pressure cooker.... go easy on me, I'm scared about things like that. How does one use a pressure cooker?
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Verrrrrrry carefully.  

I remember more than once, scraping potatoes off the ceiling when I was growing up.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Holy...... er..... may I ask what went wrong, PC?
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Beats me Lise.  I was a kid.....my mom was cooking.  Needless to say, I have never....nor WILL I ever have a pressure cooker. Aside from the fact that they scare the life out of me, I have no idea what their value is in the cooking world.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Oooh. Sounds scary... now I'm not so sure if I wanna get one. Yikes.....
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Pressure cookers are different then crock pots. Just to let you know.

|