So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

2 Chinese sausage's boiled to remove most of the fat.

I used some of the rendered fat to fry the sausage till golden, drained it on paper towels.

2 hand fulls of Rice noodles steamed till soft and sticks to the wall when thrown against it
topped with a thick sauce consisting of onion & tomato slices
topped off with the diced Chinese sausage & a handful of fresh green chives

sprinkled with a couple of drops ( less than a1/4 teaspoon) of Chinese chili hot sauce. Use sparingly this stuff will melt the paint off a Cadillac. It is flaming hot. you have been warned. The best way to add this is with a eyedropper it is that hot. (well I find it to be that hot others may find it to be only mild)

I don't know it's name you can find it in many Chinese stores it comes in a little clay jar (about the size of a small jar of mustard) the pot is a light brown in color glazed and the name is written in Chinese characters. most ethnic stores will point it out to you if you ask about it.  It is dried chillies served in oil you stir it up. I kid you not this hot-sauce will give Habanero Pepper a run for the money when it comes to heat.

a couple of images of what it sort of looks like.

[img]/forums/richedit/upload/2k0874dc51c9.jpg" border="0"]
Only Photo I could find for what the jar looks like.

[img]/forums/richedit/upload/2k43cc83c273.jpg" border="0"]
With out the clay jar this is what the hot sauce looks like

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

Sounds good, and than kls for the illustrations.

Chilli
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

I agree with you Orik,
The hot stuff is hot. We have some at home, no clue where SS got it from. But I take it in smaller doses.

Well, more fun fun.

Breakfast of champions.. lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I'm finding that research melts the world around you to the point were you lose track of life and time.

Lunch was Taco Bell for hundredth time.

I walked around Durham England on street view. Nice place, quaint...

Going to do my international surprise Christmas cards this weekend. The two people in Korea know (because their address is so ridiculous that I needed to make sure I didn't flub it) while 'England' and 'Ontario' have no idea. I haven't made up my mind on whether to postcard 'Paris', though. le sigh.

Oh, and I have to write a letter to Santa Claus through Canada Post. The Canadian Post replies back.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Try a letter to the Queen SD, you ALWAYS get a reply - even a Christmas card with your name and address on it should do the trick.

Steak & Kidney Pie  

Sportsdude

Really? So if I would write:

Dear My Most Beloved German Queen Relative,

Is it possible for you to glowingly write a graduate school recommendation for me?
Upon acceptance to one of your fine schools, I would become your faithful servant and eventual citizen of the U.K.
To prove that I am worthy to be called a Briton, I must inform you that I was able to out drink my Surrey colleague in a tea drinking contest during the Olympics.  
I also only eat curry and drink ales.

Much Love,

SD

--

How do you think it would go? Worth a shot you think?

Gopher

You've nothing to lose - but don't forget the very best wishes for a happy Christmas with the family at Balmoral. Let us all know if you get a reply...aklthough I think you will (it probably comes under noblesse oblige).

purelife

That reminds me to start mailing my cards, especially the one to England considering they had that recent snow dump!

Hiya everyone!  I wish I had more time to come here to catch up with you lovely faces.  Work and home life keeps me so busy these days.  When I do have free time in the evening, it's spent cleaning, running errands and relaxing.  Our place is in an absolute state of mess!  

Gopher

I wish you had more time to be here more often too, we miss you lots.

Sportsdude

'Paris' sent me their version of a Christmas card. quite surprised.

Gopher

purelife

chicken sandwich and an apple for lunch. :)    

Russ

Steak, chicken with a peanut butter sauce on a kebab, french fries, salad with beans.

Well, still onboard.. somebodies playing politics with us as pawns.
Our reliefs are stuck in europe as well due to the snow and airport closures.

Gopher

Going out for it today so I don't know (apart from the fact that I've been told there'll be lots of lamb and salmon).

Russ

Gopher wrote:
<DIV>Going out for it today so I don't know (apart from the fact that I've been told there'll be lots of lamb and salmon).</DIV>

Thats something I havent had in a while.. lamb. Havent seen it on here. Do you eat yours with green mint jelly? Or is that just a north american thing?

What are you doing for christmas gopher?

SS is apparently getting a tree tomorrow cause Im still not home to head out into the bush to get one.

|