So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Thanks Gophie.  

Sardines on toast for lunch.  

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Curry chicken today and it tastes bland, probably from the nuclear radiation.

Watching basketball.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

Loling at Gopher and PC exchange of msg's

Yuck nothing worse than a bland curry... except maybe a bland chicken ala orange

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

Birthday meal: Roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshure pudding, parsnips, leeks and cauliflower in cheese sauce....several other vegetables were on offer, however I had so much beef and so many roast potatoes my plate wouldn't take any more.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

What a yummy dinner Gophie!!!  I LOVE yorkshire pudding.  

We're having a lazy dinner.  After spending some time in downtown today (alone!) for a meeting, I am so freaking tired that we're just going to order pizza.  I don't feel like cooking.  It was nice to be away from babe and MrPL for several hours.  

Hi everyone!  Any plans for the weekend?

Oh, the leak is getting worse.  We constantly have to put towels against the wall.  It's so tiring to squeeze the water, put in spin cycle and then dry them.  We have to do this a few times a day.  So, it looks like landlord has to dig 6 feet down at their backyard to find the problem and fix it.  It's gonna take a few good weeks to get it done because they're not hiring anyone since they can't afford the $.

Does anyone know if it'll be a problem to put soaked towels in washer and then chose spin cycle?  I want to bypass the squeezing out the water first.  

P.C.

Bummer purelife.  What a nuisance.  

He'd best put it into high gear, or his next problem will be mold.....and that's a far bigger and costlier problem than what he has now.

There is no problem bypassing cycles on your washer.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Hey P.C.  So, it's ok to put soaked towels in the washer and turn it to spin cycle?  It won't be too heavy or damage anything right?  I'm just worried about accidentally breaking the machine and it'll be my fault.  

I'm worried about mould too and I know he has to knock off a wall.  He's starting it tomorrow.  If he hired a crew, they would have it done in a week or so but since it's just he and his dad, it's gonna be a couple of weeks, maybe more.

He says he'll give us a break in rent.  Does anyone know what is fair?  

Orik

free rent till its fixed is fair... his problem his fault... you should not have to put up with this problem at all. you could even sue for damages to your own property if he fails to fix the leak in a timely manner..and if he had for knowledge of this problem even more so...

from the sound of it you are preventing further damage to his property with what you have done so far... you do not have to do anything you could just move all your stuff out of the affected area and to a higher level until the trouble is fixed or even move to a new place at his expense.. cause these quarters could be considered unlivable by the rental tenancy act...

if you are willing  you really should go to the nearest RTA branch office for advice and take photos in with you, of the affected areas make sure to document everything that is going on and every thing that has been done so far every thing your land lord has said and or done to date about this leak. with what is happening you should make sure you include at least one photo with the date and a newspaper in it to help set a date and time to the photo it will also help in showing size of the problem for scale purposes.

if you can back date a photo to the day it was first discovered. this might be of help to protect your self... some landlords may even try to make it out like it is the tenants fault if they can.. be very careful make sure you record all phone conversations and keep things in writing as much is possible you could even bill him a hourly rate by bringing in your own crew to fix the problem once it is cleared by the rental tenancy branch..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

49er

purelife wrote:

Oh, the leak is getting worse.  We constantly have to put towels against the wall.  It's so tiring to squeeze the water, put in spin cycle and then dry them.  We have to do this a few times a day.  So, it looks like landlord has to dig 6 feet down at their backyard to find the problem and fix it.  It's gonna take a few good weeks to get it done because they're not hiring anyone since they can't afford the $.

is leak from sewer line or water line?....go to hardware store and buy a test kit (solution) if you not sure.  If it's sewer, press owner to have fix asap, if it is just water give the landlord a break if he is just renting part of his home out for additional income.  As a landlord myself I don't forget tenants who who are pushie and demanding when time to raise rents

Sportsdude

"He'd best put it into high gear, or his next problem will be mold...."

-Greatest line of the year and I will compliment it with a line from Darkplace:
"If Won Ton gets wind of this my ass is grass and he's got a lawnmower." - Dean Learner

I made a British couple I know through the Olympics day today. They're nearly done now with the para, so they're almost on their way to Shanghai for the World Expo. But, in my dying efforts to move the tourist/international workers out of the downtown core, I think I have succeeded! I successfully persuaded the woman and her husband (he was lukewarm on the idea) to go to Jericho Beach. She didn't have directions or much of anything (nobody leaves the downtown peninsula), but they got to see sea lions or seals at Jericho today and even I haven't seen that. Lucky. lol

I am recovering from spending the last 26hrs of a 48hr period in computer lab. I am not home, so please leave a message after the beep.

pub food.

Orik

MMM Pub food really sounds good right about now...

I picked up some sliced cheddar, I got a great deal so I bought 10 dollars worth. It looks like its  gonna be lots of sandwiches. The sliced cheddar was on sale and worked  out to be less expensive than the whole cheddar.

I like that, when a store  makes a mistake and using the in house coupon it was it went from 2.90  per 100 grams to 1.90 per 100 grams normal store price on the cheddar is 2.20 per  100 grams. sighs.. I went back an hour later to get more but The bastards must of changed the price right after I had left, cause when I got back there the price had gone up to the 3.50 per 100 grams. I decided to not buy any more cause it was not much of a bargain then...

alas I must budget so I will not be able to eat out at to many new restaurants... For My lunch yesterday it was a Chinese place on main street.

My review so far is horrible. but I am not just yet going to name the restaurant, I was having a very bad day yesterday, and from almost everything I tried so was the restaurant.

The chicken was good, not great, it could most definitely use some spices & a bit of pepper  perhaps a all spice or a poultry spice mix. or something similar mixed to the breading before they deep fry it and they could make it much better.

The Broad Egg noodles were nice not great not bad but considering everything I have tried so far and then I tried the The thin noodles with bean sprouts They were fantastic I am very impressed on the flavour and spice... hopefully this was not a fluke the next time I go back I will grab some more to make sure.

the broccoli beef had way to much baking soda and MSG added the beef was chewy not tender some one did not simmer it, they boiled it thus ruining the beef.  

The sweet and sour pork with green peppers was disgusting it was sweet with not a hint of a sour bite to it. I do not know what the cook did to it.. but blah. the green peppers were good still crisp and flavourful very nice compared to the rest of the dish

the green onions were okay, not great, but at least they were edible and the quality of the pork was poor, I found it tough &  gristly..

Please do not even get me started on the fried rice it was undercooked and way to greasy....

how on earth can a country of people that survived on rice for so many years screw up such a simplistic staple this is a large eatery and has tons of customers. how can so many people eat such horrid food.

If I wrote a review for this place right now, I could not even give it a favourable, 1 out of 5 stars ...
I do not know why, I am not writing a review, on this place. I really should but just on the off chance the cook was new or a very junior apprentice or something...

I am going to give them a second chance, they do not deserve it as far as I am concerned but many of the locals love this place and talk about it all the time,  I am going to go against my better judgement and return to a sit down meal, instead of take out, just on the off chance, a eat in meal, is better..

I need to go back with my digi cam and get a few sneaky photos in and try one more dish, I was very unimpressed. I will give them a second chance. every place can have a off day... I am only giving them a second chance and not naming the restaurant just yet, because of all the locals I see inside the place.

Lunch today was a bit of a experiment ... the lighthouse jalapeño ranch veggie dip is not bad it makes a nice spread for a sandwich

Lighthouse Jalapeño ranch dip
with French's mustard (only one i had available)
200 grams Roast beef
100 grams sliced cheddar
4 safeway hamburger buns

2 for lunch and 2 for dinner cheaping out and being lazy. I just do not feel like cooking today.

purelife

Hi 49er!  So nice to see you around here from time to time.  :)

We're not pushy or demanding at all.  If we could, I'd love to have him as our landlord forever and he would love to have us as his tenants forever.  I would never want to jeopardize the relationship we have.

Anyways, MrPL and landlord were both working at it today to see if the problem was something that could be fixed in a day or two.  So, they discovered it's going to cost them even more than what they estimated.   And, they have to spend about $12K to have one part of the house holsted on support beams because one part of their home can collapse if they didn't do that.  So yep, they're definitely going to have to dig and they're starting next week.  

Sportsdude

Pasta, Pirogies, Wine
Dinner was the only thing I ate all day.

Sportsdude

Greek food and then Avatar in 3d wow and wow. (for the film and 3d)

Lil Me

Leftovers for dinner.

Wine, chocolates and snacks will keep me running thru the tax season.  I think.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|