So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

It's in the RBC building on West Georgia near Thurlow.  I think that you're further south/west?    

Some Chick

Yeah I am.  My office is right across from Starbuck's at Howe and Helmecken (which for the life of me I can't spell and there's a tree blocking my view of the street sign so I can check and I'm too lazy to try to have google tell me how to spell it and this is a run on sentence and I'm going to stop now because I think I might have just broken a nail.)

CK

Lunch today, leftover chicken wings I BBQ'd last night.

Cheers everyone! its Friday! I am off for 2 weeks after work today!! WOOOOOT!

Some Chick

I'm envious.  I have been throwing my weight around a bit to get holidays since I've only been here 8 months and technically not entitled to anything but the pay.  However, money talks, and I make them a lot of money so my manager pushes for me.  I'm getting half of what I wanted, but it's better than nothing.

Lunch today?  To be determined.  I have yet to decide.

CK

Some Chick wrote:
I'm envious.  I have been throwing my weight around a bit to get holidays since I've only been here 8 months and technically not entitled to anything but the pay.  However, money talks, and I make them a lot of money so my manager pushes for me.  I'm getting half of what I wanted, but it's better than nothing.

Its been awhile since I had a decent holiday. ok, I went to Trinidad in Februay, but that was a long time ago! This holiday is just kicking back at Kalamalka Lake. Sand castles with my boy, water-skiing, air chairing (is that a word?), couple Coronas, some friends. Hopefully the sun stays out there, although a good soaking of the forests wouldn't hurt anyone.

Some Chick

Oooh.  Kalamalka Lake is gorgeous.  I haven't been there in ages.  I was supposed to be going camping with friends, but I got mixed up on where they were going and thought they were coming down south a bit closer to Van.  Found out they're actually staying up north so it's a bit far for just a weekend.

I actually won a $2500 travel voucher at work but I gave it to my parents to send them on an Alaskan cruise in Sept.  Next one will be mine.

CK

Geez! I am surprised you never used that voucher to take me somewhere nice and tropical this winter?? kinda confused on that one..oh well, I'll waith till next time you win!

Yes, I love Kalamalka. A few friends and I put our $$ together a few years ago and bought a cabin together. The only thing I hate about going there, is I have to leave eventually.

Some Chick

I want a cabin on a lake too.  My dream is one on Quesnel Lake.  Pristine, huge, sandy beaches, barely populated.

I can't wait till I'm rich and can take anyone I want anywhere I want.

CK

That does sound amazing SC!  One thing about Kal. Lake, its a wee bit busy.

Sportsdude

Those two lakes are absolutely stunning.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Some Chick

The top one looks like Quesnel Lake.  And I know a lot of the Patenaudes.

Sportsdude

Yep the top one is the one you like and the bottom the one CK likes.

purelife

Beautiful.  The last pic of Lake K is my screensaver.  I have pictures of Sun Yat Sen Garden that I took a few months back on my desk to remind me of beautiful nature.  I have to take more pictures. :)

Sportsdude

Yeah, I've got to move to B.C. like pronto.

purelife

I've lived in BC for over 20 years and have NEVER been anywhere in the Interior or to lakes such as the one mentioned.  Oh, I'm going to be in heaven when I get there.  

|