So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Yeah, I've been buying my lunches lately.  But, am planning to make my own lunches....the time spent preparing is what puts me down...

take care some chick.  I would love to bring over my homemade chicken soup for ya.  Take it easy and drink lots of fluids.... warm tea and honey.[/DIV]

Gopher

Going for a walk so intend buying at a shop en route and eating as I go along. Cheaper than 'inside', faster service and it adds to the feeling of  serendipitous Gopher in the open air. Maybe a couple of small pork pies, a couple of plums and a bottle of something cold... a sort of travelling picnic.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

A portable picnic sounds like a great idea, Gopher.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Yep, dining on the hoof - somewhat after the manner of cows and horses!

kitten

Getting back to the inner beast?

Gopher

Yes. But that aside, it's only just come to me that horses and cows actually walk through their own food (and that's not the only thing).

kitten

Not a smorgasbord I'd want to attend.

Gopher

So THAT wasn't the reason for your food poisoning then? Just what WAS for lunch?

kitten

A simple steak and salad.  But maybe there were cows and horses in the salad patch I wasn't aware of.

P.C.

Hi Kitten......feeling any better today ????   I sure hope so.

(having a quick break from the demo )
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Yes, I am, thanks.  I've had a bowl of chicken soup and some vanilla ice cream, and things are holding well.  Hooray for me!  It's good to be feeling more human again.

What demo, P.C.?

Gopher

Yes, good news indeed - yesterday you had suddenly realised that you weren't as strong as you felt. Evidently there's been a welcome change since then.

I wonder what demo, too  

kitten

What's for your lunch, Gopher?  Any left-overs from yesterday's picnic?  I'm having  vegetable beef soup and a Kaiser bun for lunch.

Gopher

Just sardine sandwiches and  couple of plums. Nothing whatsoever left over from yesterday - to be quite honest I got fed up with carrying it around, so after ten minutes into the walk the whole lot was gone. However, I did find a few wild raspberries as well, so was able to up my Vitamin C content along the way.

kitten

Having grown up with a lot of sardine sandwiches for lunch, they are the last thing I would consider eating now that I don't have to.  At that time they were something like three or four cans for $.50, so naturally they formed a fair amount of our diet.

|