So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Funny thing about sardine sandwiches is that they're something I've loved since a child - they're still cheap too which makes them unusual because my taste is usually for anything I can't afford to have every day. Now if I had my way, it would be  huge salmon steaks on a daily basis. Then again, I can think of about another score of items that I 'cant get enough of': pity there's only one stomach!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I think that a medium steak topped with crab meat and Bearnaise sauce, baked potato with all the toppings, and asparagus would be a perfect meal.  But as a child I thought Ketchup sandwiches were a treat.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Never tried a ketchup sandwich! I'm trying to remember all my favourites from childhood. Do you remember junkets?

kitten

No, but my mother had several strokes, and couldn't cook much.  We frequently had a deer roast for Sunday in the fall, but my father cooked it.

Gopher

Yummy! A junket was a sort of  cold milk 'thing' that you put rennet in. I had one the other week, a frieend of mine decided to make one for old time's sake even though she'd never had one before. I think they're probably like something Miss Muffet had.  

kitten

Don't think I've ever had one.  I do remember my mother's rice and raisin pudding though.  And the bread pudding....yummmm!

Gopher

I remember those things too. I'll be absent a few seconds as I just want to googgle junket. Back again, it's a desert made of flavoured, swetened curds (spiders must like them too or they'd not have approached Miss Muffet in such a hoistile way).  

kitten

I'm stirring my veggie soup.  Back in a few.

Gopher

Ooops, sorry, it's a dessert not a desert.  

Sportsdude

Subway for me again.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

My soup is delicious.  Wish I could share it with you both.

Gopher

Never tried cyber soup before - can't wait!

kitten

With cyber soup it involves crunching a lot of numbers so they aren't too chewy.

Gopher

Ah,  then it's something like alphabet soup, I presume?

kitten

Alphabet soup is nicer.  Some of those numbers are still sharp after cooking.

|