So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

lol....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c017.gif" border=0]  tenkani.

Weekend plans ???
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

Ah...well this evening I'm going to be bumming around, playing video games and just generally being a complete waste of man-flesh.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a little gardening (some transplants, weeding etc.) and then I'm meeting up with my buddy. We might see X-Men, or we might just hang out and play video games and act like complete wastes of man-flesh. I'm so good at that.

Sunday and Monday I'm not sure but I may grab my camera, hop on my bike and hit the trails. There are some AMAZING bike trails down here and lots of flora and fauna to gape at!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Chicklet

I would never, NEVER consider you a waste of man flesh.  
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

P.C.

Ditto Chicklet.

That's the stuff that weekends are made for, tenkani.  Sounds wonderful to me.  I hope to get some time in the garden tomorrow too.  I have 6-packs of plants everywhere, and pottery waiting to be overstuffed.  The majority of my gardens are container gardens as the foresty floor and lack of sunshine prefers it this way.  

Well, must throw some appetizers together for our Friday night celebration.  I'll roll something up in phyllo......you can't go wrong...lol.  I'd probably eat bark mulch if it were wrapped in phyllo.....love it.

tenkani

What's phyllo??

Have fun in your garden, P.C.!!! Most of my green babies are in pots as well, but that's cause I'm renting. Meh.

I always like to visit my dad because he's got a huge yard with some cypress trees growing in the back and lots of various plants growing everywhere! I'm trying to convince him to let me start a shade garden under the trees but I think he wants me to concentrate my efforts in a slightly more visible portion of the property.

P.C.

Phyllo is a tissue thin Greek pastry.  Usually you brush it with butter, and wrap things in a way that the phyllo becomes layered several times over for a delicately crispy tender flakey bite around whatever filling you choose.....sweet or savory.  (same pastry as in Spanikopita)  Yum.

We stayed in a place where you are, that had the most lovely gardens.  (It had an unusual name, that I can't think of at the moment without looking at my scrapbook) but there was a HUGE garden tucked up in behind that you'd never know was there from the street.  Do you know where I might be talking about ?  (I Know...pretty vague)

P.C.

Are you studying landscaping as well ????

tenkani

Erm...that doesn't ring a bell. Was it a historic adobe?

I have my first landscaping class in the fall. I'm really looking forward to it because we get to create landscape designs on the computer and whatnot. I'm also taking a class on irrigation in the fall, so they should synergize well together.

So far I've taken 2 classes in plant ID, 2 introduction to horticulture classes and a couple short courses....um, pruning and vegetable gardening. I feel like such a n00b, but in a good way. I just wish I had more actual experience to draw from.

Hey, do they make baklava with phyllo?

P.C.

I believe so, tenkani.....a Casa Something or other.  Dennys was close by if I remember correctly.  

How wonderful to be getting such an education in something so rewarding.  I have a buddy who has built a couple golf courses, and the amount of courses required is amazing.  His knowledge of all things green is mind boggling.  Best of luck in that tenkani.....your enthusiasm will surely allow you to do well.

Baklava....now your talking.  That would be phyllo.

[img height=173 src="http://escapades.justmynet.com/baklava.jpg" width=285]  

P.C.

So, I'm off.....have a great weekend tenkani !!!!

Hi kitten....talk to ya later if it's not too late when I get home.  Hope your day at work went well.

CK

This lunch thread was on page 3. Is the lunch thread ..like..soooooo 2005!!! Like Oh My God!

kitten

I'm starting to think nobody eats lunch any more.  Has everyone gone on a diet?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Hi Kitten !!!!!  I'm having a heck of a time with DS.  I have a hard time getting it to come up ????  Lately it takes me several attemts to get on, then when I do, I have a hard time getting around.  I can't get to my messages, I get a white screen with cut in half pieces of the ads.  Are you having any problems ?

kitten

I've been having the same sort of trouble with cut up ads at the top of a blank page.  I have to keep going back to DS and trying again until the page comes up.  And posting takes forever!  Hope it can be fixed soon.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I often hit post, and it's white screen for so long, that it times out, and when I get it back....my message is gone.  (usually, I'm too lazy to type it all again...lol)

Worked quite late today, and hubby just brought me a steaming plate of spaghetti and sauce (bless his little buttons)....late dinner.    Can't wait, tummy says it's time to eat.      

|