So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hope everyone's day is going well.

What did I eat for lunch?  Something really burpy...
 Oh yes, a bowl of natural yoghurt topped with fenugreek leaves, some canned mackerel, and a bowl of humous with  cumin on top.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

evening everybody
I've been diagnosed with the flu, 3rd time I've had the flu since coming to Canada. lol ughh

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

purelife, have you tried drying the yam fries with a paper towel first? I usually do that then sprinkle them with a dash of olive oil and salt. They usually come out ok.

Trying the water diet. As in drinking tons of water to cleanse my system. Right now, that toilet bowl at work is my best friend.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

yep, I do that Lise.  I actually boil them a wee bit then pat dry then add to oven.  I'll have to try again with less oil and then bake.  Maybe I'm not drying them enough or cooking them for too long?  oh well....

Didn't you drink water before, Lise?  I read somewhere that you take your weight, divide by two and divide by 8.  The answer is the number of cups you need a day for your body.  For example, someone weighing 160 would need 10 glasses of water/day.

Sportsdude

lakes would run dry if I drank my required amount. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
lakes would run dry if I drank my required amount. lol  

Well, whatever you do, don't wait until the water runs dry.

Lise

Boil them first? I don't ever boil them becaues they absorbed a lot of water content hence the sogginess. Crowding them also makes them soggy. I try to space them out a bit so they can cook evenly.

I've not been on a water diet before and it isn't a strict one. I'm just starting by myself so I drink whenever I can, not forcing myself but just taking it easy. I don't want to go overboard with water because you can get crazy so it's just a bit here and there. Not up to 8 to 10 cups - at least not yet.

Have you tried it before?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

I drink a lot of water, especially when detoxing.
 My preference is to drink at least 500ml of water at a time, 4+times per day. (instead of constantly sipping water).
 I find I can limit my trips to the bathroom this way.  (by passing more water at each visit).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Welcome home Michel.  How was your trip?  

Michel

Michel

Michel

purelife

Hi Lise - I'm like Lil Me.  I'd drink about 500 ml at a time.  I have a 1L bottle at my desk and have about 2.5 - 3 of these every day.  Then, when I exercise, I drink more.

Michel - That was a sigh of "I wish I was there!"  :)

I knew you'd have a nice time with gorgeous weather.  I'm looking forward to seeing some pics.

Morning everyone!

Feeling better, SD?    

Lil Me

Hope everyone is having a great morning so far!

I require 1 office elf:
 Primary duty will be to empty paper shredder.

My office is a gawdawful mess, due in part to my procrastination about emptying the shredder drawer, which has been full for months.  I have paper (aka "shreddables") piled up on top of the shredder.

I have been procrastinating in part because the act of emptying the shredder creates a mess on the floor....and my vacuum cleaner receptable is full and also needs to be emptied....

So I also require 1 vacuum cleaner elf.

|