So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Spanish rice and beef dish with green beans for lunch.
Its been nostalgia Summer. First I bought cookies and cream ice cream and sherbert, which I always used to have in the summer. Now I bout Cherry Coke/Cherry Pepsi. lol Next I need to buy these Vanilla cookies I liked when I was 5. Then I'm a kid again.  

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sawdust

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sportsdude

Ya, Mr. PC I'm OLD. lol

Lil Me

I don't think so. I'm old enough to be your mother.

ADD:

Shot (or two)  and a beer for dinner.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

lol.
No, I do feel old in Canada, especially when I go to a pub or something. That's when I feel old. Then of course there's everyone thinking I'm older then I am.

Lise

Yaaa! Survived assisting. Funny thing is I absolutely refused to assist 100% of the time. Hehe. Poor guy. I must have left him hanging several times. The thing is when you come to do emergency dental work, don't do too much. We can't save everyone's tooth in the time given. Sad but true. Ah well.

Worst part for him is that the poor guy doesn't even get paid to do this. I feel so sorry. Doing your residency here sucks but at least it'll look good on your resume.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lise

Hmm.... I should be a bit more clearer. These patients who come into UBC have already been screened and for the most part are on-going patients for the students. There are a handful who haven't been to UBC in years and only come in when they have a toothache. Money and fear are usually the two reasons why they don't come earlier.

So we categorized them as 'emergency' patients. Since we cannot see everyone as we are technically on summer break, we cannot turn away patients because they're in pain or something's bothering them. The thing is, we're not a private practise, we cannot offer them the best treatment in the time given. The dentist who are seeing these patients are usually part time or doing residency etc.

We can only offer them pain relief (i.e. antibiotics or extractions) till the clinic is in full swing in September. The only option is to send them off to a private practise. It's a hard thing to do but we cannot treat every cases on the spot.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Sportsdude

MMMMMM CAKE NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM MIAM MIAM MIAM

Omg, people remembered me on Facebook! *tear*

Lise

Well, on one hand, Michel, these patients are getting some type of treatment done. It's better than nothing and they are supervised under the watchful eyes of the instructors. If dentists and doctors don't get patients to practise on, how can they go out into the real world and work on the rest, right? Tho.... sometimes I just cringed at how some things are handled.

Weeds! Weeds! Weeds! Argh!!!!! Just spent an hour weeding the fracken lawn. I hate that by-law where they outlawed your weed killer. I mean, I know that this is probably a good thing to outlaw but those weeds are killing my back. Gotta be an easier to weed them out. *sigh*    
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lise @ Work

In that case, Michel..... would you like to come over and graze on our lawn?

Michel

Russ

Lise wrote: Weeds! Weeds! Weeds! Argh!!!!! Just spent an hour weeding the fracken lawn. I hate that by-law where they outlawed your weed killer. I mean, I know that this is probably a good thing to outlaw but those weeds are killing my back. Gotta be an easier to weed them out. *sigh*

I stopped watering the f*cking thing. And the weeds are the only green things on the lawn now. At least I can find them all now...

But I think I hooped myself cause we just found out that a few doors over the neighbor has that lawn bug thingy.. and if you dont water your lawn or keep your grass about 2" high, you will most likely get it if theres other lawns in the area with it.

Hey Lise.. they wont charge or say anything about someone using weedkiller on your lawn unless the neighbors report you. All my neighbors are 'still using the last of what they have left' on their lawns.

Just plead insanity if anything is said.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|