So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Hola! I don't know about salami and shemale but I do know one thing - we're heading to Dinotwon today! Yaaaaay!!! Blistering heat and kids rampaging all over the place, what could be more fun?

What's everyone up to this beautiful day?

PS: I just did a quick brief scan in the background, [FONT color=#ff0000]are you pregnant, Ms. PL?????? OMG!!!! *scream*[/FONT]    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Well, according to the pregnancy test, I am.... and thanks for the Congrats guys.  It was kinda unexpected and kinda soon but that's ok.  I've got my doc appt Tuesday. :)  I'm 4 wks, due Jan 21.

Today, I helped my friend move.   5 hrs of sweat, sweat and more sweat... all I survived on was water and fruit popsicles....  Then, I met MrPL and gang at Stanley Park... (gawd, I hate driving in downtown).  Then, we had greek food at Stephos.  And then got home and might check out the fireworks tonight at the Quay.  

Tomorrow, we're thinking about going for a swim and the beach and a bbq.

Where's Dinotown?

purelife

SD, ya gotta slow down.... especially when you can't really afford a speeding ticket.. (I know I can't and I do my best to go within limit).  

Smugling food is better than smugling tobacco, durags and people.

Lise

Greetings Ms. PL. I'm so so so happy for you, madam!! This is your moment. Maybe this time you'll get a little princess. Wouldn't that be fantastic??

Wow! There's now five people I know who are pregnant. My goodness, there must be something in the water, I tell ya!

[A href="http://www.dinotown.com/dino/"]Dinotown[/A] is close to Chilliwack, about 1 hr and 15 mins drive. We didn't end up going to Dinotown as the wee one vomited so we headed to the GVZoo instead. Had  a blast. We'll go Dinotown some other time and I'm going to give her Gravol so she can nap.

SD has a speeding ticket? In sleep Vancouver Island?    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Sleep in Vancouver Island? I'm confused.

Just got to my uncles place in Kansas City, KS.
Went to the Black Hills, wild donkeys love people. I'll post pics tomorrow when I get back to STL.
A herd of Buffalo were about 2 metres from my car. That was awesome.
The monument itself and the surrounding area sucked, (i know everything about the carvings and such so it was a park, pay 10 bucks, walk up to the look out point and take a picture). Billboards were all around saying "have you had you're patriotic inspirational moment yet?" I was like, no, it just makes me miss B.C. lol
Manitobans invaded, saw a bunch of cars in the parking lot with those Friendly licence plates.

South Dakota seriously needs to start building wind turbines. Its a national crime that they aren't picking up this energy.
Iowa sucked, but what's new.
Mizzerah stank, but then again that's not shocking.
And the goof balls on the radio are still blathering about the decline of America with gay marriage now basically legal along with the usual 'Damn liberal californians, gay people should be flogged' crap. Although I must say I found it extremely comforting and at the same time over joyed hearing the ultras crying on the radio in absolute panic that the world was going to end and about how the country is being taken over with this ruling.
Glad to see nothing's changed about midwest, feels like home.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I mean sleepy Vancouver Island.... I thought that's where you got your speeding ticket from. Ah, nevermind.

Sounds like an interesting trip, SD. How long are you staying there for?
Bill Cosby.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
[img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif[/img]

Hi Lise, welcome home.....glad you had a wonderful time.
Yo, Michel...good bargain shopping there.  Yes....I WAS held captive by a band of rogue salamanders.  It was frightening.  I'll tell you about it later....it's still too fresh to relive it.
purelife....the yard looks good in black....really.  
Lil Me, still as busy busy busy as they come. (you look cute as a chickin)
Sportsdude....safe journey.
Van.....I missed your face.  Coffee ?  Beer ?
Van Guy....where the heck you been?
Gophie, hope your days of leisure are temporary.  You need to post more.

Vanguy checking in to mother ship - comminication module defective  ... i've been having a bear of a time logging on - frickin fracken viet internet

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

purelife wrote:
Well, according to the pregnancy test, I am.... and thanks for the Congrats guys.  It was kinda unexpected and kinda soon but that's ok.  I've got my doc appt Tuesday. :)  I'm 4 wks, due Jan 21.

Congratulations !!!

"If the test says you are pregnant you are pregnant" - that's what the doc told LM six years ago  .... so i'm sure the tests are even better now.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lise

Ja, those test strips are damn accurate. One pee and it tells you all. I just wonder why it has to be so damn expensive. I remember running out to Shoppers and dropping about $20 for a single stick and the result was negative. What a waste.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Hi Lise, I was just staying for a couple hours now I'm back home.
Soon I'll post the wild donkey pics when they invaded my car. lol

Google's gone smart trying to teach the kids something:

Walter Gropius birthday is today

Lise

Who?

What a wet day today. I had planned for an outdoor BBQ but the weather's no co-operating but we'll have it indoor. At least the oven works. A bunch of friends are coming over so I've got loads of things to do.

My menu:

* Mom-in-law's tomato chicken

* Sweet soy sauce with ginger chicken wings

* BBQ tangy beef ribs

* Waldorf salad (my first time!)

* Fruit platter

Should be enough to feed a hungry tribe.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Hey Lise, the guy was one of the 'founders' of modernism archeticture.

Or in P.C.'s world, he's enemey number 1. lol ;)

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  It echoes in here.

Back from 2 nights at Alice Lake with Scouts.  Had a wonderful time.  Sat was extreme heat- swimming in the lake was wonderful.  Sun was sunny but windy and slightly cold- lake was much colder but still swam out to the dock and back- needed a challenge for the day.  Rained Sun night- so today's pack-up and move-out was a bit of a chore.  Almost everyone abandonned ship Sunday night, so there were 2 adults and 3 kids left with the tarps, awnings, remaining coolers, burners, chairs, kitchen equipment.  Quite a slow caravan heading back into town on Hwy 99 today....

BBQ bird from S'way tonight.
 I'm tired and I still have a car full of my own wet tarps and tent to stow.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Hmm.... nothing like wet-anything in your car. I hate getting wet unless I'm at the beach and it's like 100 degrees. Ugh.

I don't think I like that building. Not very warm. Needs more.... colors!

Isn't this just amazing? We should have more colors in our buildings.

[FONT size=1]More Pictures of buildings like this one [/FONT][A href="http://www.pjlighthouse.com/2007/03/26/amazing-building-art/"][FONT size=1]here[/FONT][/A][FONT size=1].[/FONT]    
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Van_guy - thanks for the congrats.  Did you guys plan for the second (or first) or did it just happen?

Lise - WOW!  Your menu sounds yummy....and all homemade which is even better.  

Lil Me - Glad to hear you the family had fun.  It must've been nice to get out of home for a change. :)

Good evening to everyone.  
Dinner was maple salmon with caesar and philipino mango. yummeeee.

|