So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Damn. OK. Kids bugging me. Gotta go. Night to all the beautiful folks here.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

*hugs* You're a mamma. Rejoice in that!

Thanks Lise.....I do.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c015.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Night Lise.

Hey!  What a difficult night it's been here.
MrLM is scheduled to fly to Asia late tonight.
He's packed a bag with his clothes, equipment for a secrets ops mission.
Meanwhile....He's doing a favour for a friend.
The friend wants a big @$$ stainless steel BBQ.
It probably weighs 200lbs.
He unpacked it tonight in an attempt to save excess freight by stripping off non-essential parts.
A lot of cursing and yelling while weighing composite parts on the bathroom scale.
He finally gave up and is shipping it whole.
It's probably going to cost $1000 to ship a $700 Crappy Tire BBQ to SE Asia.
The damn thing is MADE IN ASIA (but you can't buy one there...)
MrLM's friend is willing to pay whatever it costs to buy a BBQ, so wtf?

I've ordered him an oversize taxi for midnight tonight.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Holy....that's some kind of shipping bill.  Are the propane tanks going to have the proper fittings for refill etc?

Sportsdude

well people are leaving left and right over here as well. Stalin left, he's off to Canmore where his job is being a ranger or something riding on horseback looking for people breaking the law. whatever. So I've been cleaning while Port Hardy has invaded the dorm. ugh Nobody cleans but me, go figure.  At least I get the place to myself for a few days (everybody has to be gone by saturday except me, I don't switch rooms until the 2nd at the latest).

last of the hamburger helper, now I'm just down to pasta/mushrooms/rice and cheerios.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Bon Voyage Mr LM.  Stay safe.

....and don't bar-b-que anything with a cute face.... or a name.

[img style="WIDTH: 230px; HEIGHT: 232px" height=262 src="http://www.geocities.com/thedaffodilgarden/g-nodogs.jpg" width=262]

Lil Me

I understand that the propane bottles are commonplace there.  They are used for regular cooking stoves.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Oh pheww !  I was wondering.  I thought it would be some kind of nasty to go through all this, only to find he can't fill a tank.  (I'm obviously not very knowledgable about these things...lol)    

Lil Me

It's kind of weird, but MrLM reports that they cook with propane stoves INDOORS and don't die of carbonmonoxide poisioning because the houses are really draughty.  

Sportsdude

now that's crazy.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Morning.  *Yawns*

I was asleep on the couch when Mr LM's taxi arrived at midnight.
 I jumped up to help him to the curb (1 large duffle bag, 1 large packpack, laptop case, camera case and... a HUGE BBQ box on a dolly.)
 He got in the taxi with the stuff.
 I was left standing on the curb, dazed and confused with a dolly and no house keys.
 In jeans and a t-shirt.
 Stood around dazed and confused until a neighbour drove home, and high-tailed it into the underground parking after her car.
 Asked her very politely if she would open the door to the elevator lobby for me, seeing as I was wheeling a dolly.
 She said, "How do I know who you are?"
 I sighed, and replied that I was Lil Me, the Strata Council Preseident who lives in unit XYZ of the complex.
 I was carrying a big ring of keys that has access to every service room in the complex, but not the front door...apparently.

So...coffee for breakfast.

Michel

purelife

Wow, that is some shipping bill for a BBQ!  Mr LM's friend is going to be centre of attention with that bbq.  

Good morning everyone.

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
Hehehe I censored myself altough I can imangine thousands of bad jokes.[img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif[/img]
--
 Thank you!  I'm not in the mood for bad jokes.

|