So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Oh WOW Lil Me.....what a great day.  How cool for the kids to meet the pilots !!!!!

We didn't do anything very exciting at all.....picked up some cedar hedge trees at Costco and that was about it.  New fridge and stove were supposed to be delivered today, but they phoned this morn and cancelled......tomorrow.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Got my portable DVD player at Walmart! Yaaaaaay!!! It's a Toshiba and cost around $125. Somewhat cheap for a brand name product. Now if it can survive the kiddies, it'll survive anything!

Dinner tonight - salmon in teriyaki sauce, okra, home-made salsa and something called sar hor fun from M'sia. Delicious!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Whatcha talking about?  Cedar hedge trees are exciting!!!

Mr LM is outside trying to take photos of hummingbirds.  This may be as successful as nailing jelly to the wall.  Will let you know.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Portable DVD is great!  For the car, Lise?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Nice....new DVD player !

Mr LM is outside trying to take photos of hummingbirds.  This may be as successful as nailing jelly to the wall.  Will let you know.

I took one this morning too.....all I can see is nothing.  Twigs, leaves.....no bird.  Got a couple good ones from last year though.[/DIV]

Lise

I like hummingbirds.... we almost never see them but when they do appear, they flock to our bleeding heart plants. So pretty!    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Lil Me wrote:
Portable DVD is great!  For the car, Lise?  

Partly but only for long trips. It's for the Disneyland trip too so the kids won't drive mommy and daddy insane for 3 hours. Thank goodness the battery will last us that long.

Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Sounds like a plan with the DVD player :)

My in-laws have 3 hummingbird feeders, and they are very busy in the early morning and sunset times.

P.C.

They're awesome to watch.  Territorial little buggers.....they scrap like crazy.

Sportsdude

hello great to hear that it didn't snow north of here, well it snowed here and i didn't do anything all day. :(
fell asleep, just woke up in time to see the sunset from looking at the mountains on sunshine coast. Its winter outside.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

In spite of the snow on the ground....it was nice and sunny when we were in Nanaimo.  We checked the traffic/weather cams to see what it was like down there this morn, and the roads were fine.

Sportsdude

yeah well, there are a couple people this weekend that wanted to climb mt. benson. they're nuts.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I'm wondering..... what do you guys actually put into that bird feeder to attract the hummingbirds?
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

You can buy actual hummingbird 'nectar' (a powder to be mixed with water)....or you can boil 1 cup sugar in 4 cups of water.

purelife

Hi everyone.  I missed teh lunch crowd.. :(

It sounds like you're having a great time on the Island, Lil Me.

We went to watch The Forbidden Kingdom.  What an awesome movie.  I wanna see more.  :))

|