So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

What kind of potatoes are you doing, Russ? Like boiled or roast? I don't use time when doing mine. Just insert a sharp object into the potatoes to see if they're soft.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

As long as it takes for a fork to poke right through feeling the softness.  :)  I would also add some salt to the boiling water.    

purelife

You just reminded me that I need to go to Stupid Store tonight because we have some friends over tomorrow night....and gotta clean up the place too...

How are you feeling LM, with your ankle?

Lil Me

Ankle feels much better since I got the crutches and can stay off it.
 Been to the chiro twice, he told me to get some homeopathic salve called Traumeel.
 Got some on the way home.
 [a href="http://www.heel.ca/pub/datasheet.jsp?product=23"]http://www.heel.ca/pub/datasheet.jsp?product=23[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

SO sorry about your ankle Lil Me.  I hear doctors will tell you sometimes that a sprain is worse than a break?  Either way, they both hurt like hell.....not to mention how blasted inconvenient it is hobbling around on crutches.  Mr Sawdust said to send his best wishes....and that he would have sent you his crutches...although they would probably have worked better as stilts for Lil You.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o010.gif[/img]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

[img style="WIDTH: 330px; HEIGHT: 578px" height=1330 src="http://www.bubbleboxballoons.co.uk/uplimages/Anagram%203%20037.jpg" width=741].

Lil Me

Aw.  Tanks, P.C. and Saw!!!!!  Much appreciated.

Re: turkey...my friend's mom saves the foil wrappers from butter, and uses those to cover the turkey.
 Re: roast...a different friend's mom saves bacon grease in a empty soup can and coats the roast and potatoes with it.
 Note: I have not tried either of these things.  they may be crackpot ideas from crzay ladies who hoard oil by-products.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Lil Me - I've got something for your pain and swelling of your ankle.  It's called Deep Cold therapy and looks like the picture on the right.  My guy uses it for his back.  I would just double check if you could one of their line of products for your ankle because some are for muscles only.

Lil Me

Thanks.

Gotta go rest my furry read ankle.  G'night!

P.C.

For you dear Lil Me

[img height=260 hspace=4 src="http://www.bicworld.com/images_upload/produits/SLP_1_shaver1.jpg" width=130]

Lise

Oooh.... don't be showing me razors. They're not my best friend yet they're pretty darn handy in certain places. *teehee*

It's [FONT size=7]FRIDAY!! It's FRIDAY!!! WAAAHOOOOO!!!!!!![/FONT] Well, just thought I'd let everyone know just in case they forgot [FONT size=7]IT'S FRIDAY[/FONT]!!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

Yes! its Friday!

What is even better? It is Friday with some fresh brewed coffee!

What is even better? It is Friday with some fresh brewed coffee, and I am going out for a nice supper later!

What is even better? It is Friday with some fresh brewed coffee, I am going out for a nice supper later, and I am helping a friend with siding his garage tomorrow....

ok, that last one isn't that great, but hanging out with friends is good. I am sure there will be cold beer involved towards the afternoon.

Sunday is bike day, unless it is snowing!??
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Happy Friday everyone!!!!  Damn, I love the timer on the coffee pot.

Van- you've got a date, riiiiiight?

P.C.  Thanks for the razor.  Red leg much smoother now.  lol

Wonder what today's weather will bring.  Yesterday I saw it all.  Sun, rain, snow, hail.  It was weird.

P.C.

Good morning Van.  

wow....slept like a baby.  Ooooo, sounds nice Van !  

Plans....hmm.  I will be building a cake for my friends birthday.  Birthday dinner tomorrow.....Sunday in the garden, I hope.  I have a bunch of stuff sitting there waiting to be planted.    

P.C.

Good morning Lil Me.  So the leg is smoother, but how's the pain ?  

I have a great coffee timer too.  Sawdust not only makes the coffee when he gets up, but there is always one waiting for me at the computer by the time I get to the bottom of the stairs.

|