So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Hope you get better soon, Lil Me!

Holy look at beautiful sunshine!!!!!!! Think it'll last the entire weekend? It's so cold now my flowers are confused. Not sure whether to fall off or bloom.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

sunny indeed, although yesterday was nice out here.

same thing happened to my friend skiing, last run, did a jump, shattered his arm completely through in 5 places. Still hasn't healed and he broke it in December.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Yikes!! That doesn't sound too good, SD. I hope he gets better soon.

Gotta go. Get kid ready for school.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Lil Me wrote:
Morning!  Ankle hurts like a mofo.  Going to see about it this am, and also to find some crutches.
My neighbour offered me a pair, but the lowest setting is still 5'10"...so no go there.  Elmo isn't very tall.

I guess I'm not going to taekwondo :(

awwww...LM... Did you try a cold pack?  I hope you feel better soon.  You know what I used one time?  an umbrella, the ones that are long with the hook... (if you have one)  take it easy...

purelife

forgot to say Good morning to LM, Van, Lise, SD...

mmm...omelet is yummy.....what a healthy breakfast!  I just had some chick peas and pu-erh and chysanthamums tea.    

Lil Me

Thanks, everyone.

I've been soaking it in a bucket of ice water unitl it's past numb, and that has reduced the swelling.

I've gotta go check in with my taekwondo master this am, and I KNOW he's going to send me for accupuncture.  Has anyone done this before?...

I was supposed to take my blackbelt test this summer, but this might just be a handy delay tactic, because I'm not feeling ready.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

oh sweet the black belt, congrats.

yeah lise his break was really bad, his arm would pop out (the bone) at night and he'd be screaming, We had to take him to hospital and eventually he had to quit school, was in the jazz program. Obviously couldn't play with one arm. Went back to Abbotsford.

Michel

Sportsdude

on sunday, it was raining when there was a clear blue sky over my head, then it started to snow. there still wasn't any clouds around til later. now that's weird.  

Michel

P.C.

Huh, they say it was hale ? Wow it really looks like snow for everybody in the office.

They didn't just SAY it was hail....they showed film.  Black sky, thunder.  It sure piled up in a hurry....covered quickly.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Sportsdude

lol no way hail in vancouver, call in cnn for this new development. lol  

P.C.

Yea.....they showed the little 'flash' storm that hit downtown around 4, 4:30.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

|