So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

JJ

purelife wrote:
 Lunch is this today...

Costco sells a pack of 8 with Minestrome and Lentils, Amy's that works out to be $1.50 each.  CHEAP compared to $2.50 in stores.

[FONT color=#0000bf]I'll have to buy some next Cosco trip, thanks purelife!   [/FONT]

purelife

You're welcome JJ.  I take it that you're a fan of Amy's?  Low in sodium, packed with ingredients...what more can you want from Amy's?  ;)

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
 Low in sodium, packed with ingredients...what more can you want from Amy's?  ;)--

Uh, soup from a can with a happy ending?

Gorgeous day today.  When I finally got my car back from the shop, I needed to zoom downtown for an appointment (with Heckyl and Jeckyl in tow).  Then we had time to goof off at English Bay and have an early dinner (fish n chips at Pickwick's).

Oh, I almost forgot....you know the Community Chest card "Bank Error On Your Favour" in Monopoly?  I had one!!!!  I was doing the bank reconciliation for my Corp and discovered it today!  A whole $4 and change.  It was actually my error on a deposit, but the bank never chaught it and put through the cheque for the wrong amount.  So now I owe a client $4.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

$1.50 a can ?  Wow.  Not a big fan of canned soup.  My one weaknes though, is good ol tomato soup.  Must be a childhood thing.  I remember Woodwards food floor would have them on sale for 20 cans for a buck ! I think regular price was 10 cans for a buck.  (Yipes...look who's showing her age.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I can get a couple for a dollar back home.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

No-name tomato soup is often 0.33 at Stupidstore.
 Sometimes there's a Case Lot sale at Safeway or Save On for the Campbell's.

Tomato is ok, but I have a weakness for Scotch Broth or Cream of Mushroom.
 Canned soup is hangover food.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I'm an Aylmers girl.   I bet if people knew how easy and CHEAP  it is to make soup, they'd do it all the time.

One of my faves is cream of roasted red pepper soup...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  

kitten

Oh, My!! That sounds so good, PC.  You make it yourself?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Yup Miss Kitten.  It is so tasty !

You know....I'm watching the news here, and they're reporting this story about the highschool girl who stole a pair of sunglasses while on a school trip in Hong Kong.  They're going on about her 'Big Learning Experience'......and I'm thinking.....WHAT  learning experience.  Like she didn't know that stealing is wrong  EVERYWHERE before she went ????  Good lord...she's 15....surely to goodness she's run across this little bit of info somewhere!!!  Then.... they show clips of people saying....."yes....it's pretty frightening....we are cancelling our trip there".

Here's and idea.  DON'T STEAL !!!!

Is it just me, or is this an absolutely ridiculous story ????  

kitten

It's just you.

Sure it's ridiculous.  She knows better, and it was a dumb stunt.  Her parents should have taught her better instead of defending her actions.  As for those other people, they should realize that if you are caught stealing, there will be punishment.  It's just common sense.

P.C.

It was just so stupid the way they related the story.  Like Hong Kong is the only place on earth that you might get punished for theft....going on about their 'tight regime'.....she was fined 143 bucks for heavens sake.  

Pardon my rant, but I'm still shaking my head over this one.

kitten

If she gets an allowance or has a part-time job they should make her pay the fine herself.

Sportsdude

teen angst, hormones.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

That doesn't matter.  This is the perfect time to show her that breaking the law has consequences.

P.C.

Hormones ?  Hormones make you steal ?

Oy.

|