Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

sweet. have fun pl.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van Dude

sounds cool purelife.

Yep, just a road trip for one last weekend of skiing. Meeting some family there from Cranbrook.

Van Dude

Sportsdude wrote:
lol lise, Christian Bale is Welsch.

haha! But Batman is American though right?

Michel

Van Dude

wow! That picture looks awesome. The only thing that scares me about Red Mountain snow is it sometimes falls to the earth passing through smelter smoke from Trail. oh well, I will try not to eat it.

I went to Whitewater last year and the snow was deep then too.  Now I am excited!

Michel

Van Dude

Yes, it is all still better than 1998 - 2005. Skiing was very hit and miss. Went all the way to Fernie around 2005 and we ended up sitting in a hot tub all day rather than skiing. It snowed, but thawed, then froze, then thawed, then froze. Skates would have been better than skis.

purelife

Enjoy your road trip, Van Dude.  Yer gotta take some pics and post some here.  I'd love to see some cuz I've never been out there but hoping to one day. :)

I drank my cranberry detox drink this morning and walked to the skytrain.  It took me a while to get there but boy oh boy do I feel energized.      

Van Dude

Everyone is so polite on DS.

That detox you are talking about, do you have to give up a lot of foods with it?

Gopher

I've just eaten like a mogul.

Stir-fry  duck with ginger sauce followed by baked trout with a fresh fruit salad to follow (I wasn't paying).  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

We sure are a friendly, polite bunch.  That's why I'm here and not somewhere else. :)

I kinda cheat.  I don't buy a detox kit to help me out.  My grandpa is on it and he swears by it.  It's basically a drink with cranberry/orange/lemon juice with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.  I don't really know the whole deal around it, so I made up my own.

I'll be drinking it morning and night and then have lots of fruits (yummy strawberries and berries from Costco!) and veggies and dairy.  I've started to cut out red meat and would only have a little and once in a month or so.

TMI?!  

I'll stop now. :)  

Van Dude

red meat is one of the smartest things you could cut out from a diet. I still eat a BBQ steak from time to time, but I stay away from ground beef and any fast food.  I want to eventually give it up 100%, but it is so hard.

Sportsdude

lol detox. what is it suppose to do?
So far this week (starting on monday) I've ran about 8km and walked about 3km.

Van Dude

yeah, well I drove to Tacoma and back so there!

just bugging.

I think I am not sure either, but I am guessing it gives your body a cleansing of old and dirty cells??

Sportsdude

lol i did that on saturday.  

|